DAT prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SanJay15

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am planning to study for DAT this summer. I am buying Dr. Romano's books. What book should I buy? Is it worth buying combo (for $500)

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• dr.r 2.jpg
    dr.r 2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 77
I would get DAT Destroyer + Math Destroyer + DAT Booster. Full lengths are important as you get closer to the test after you've run through Destroyer at least once. It will help with endurance and confidence in your timing.

I would get DAT Destroyer + Math Destroyer + DAT Booster. Full lengths are important as you get closer to the test after you've run through Destroyer at least once. It will help with endurance and confidence in your timing.
Thanks for the response. I will get these two books then. Do you think DAT Booster is better than DAT Bootcamp?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, I am planning to study for DAT this summer. I am buying Dr. Romano's books. What book should I buy? Is it worth buying combo (for $500)
Most students use the DAT and Math Destroyer, if you are weak in an area, such as Orgo or GC you might consider the other books.

Good luck in your studies..and always #think30....Nancy

Members don't see this ad :)
Most students use the DAT and Math Destroyer, if you are weak in an area, such as Orgo or GC you might consider the other books.

Good luck in your studies..and always #think30....Nancy
Sounds great. Thank you Nancy.

• Love
Dr. Romano has a pdf version of the Dynamite Bio Review available for free on his Facebook Study Page!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I'm using DAT Booster. I highly recommend it! It's cheaper than Bootcamp. If you go through OC and GC Destroyer at least twice, then you hit DATBooster, you should be fine. For bio, I'd go over Dynamite Notes at least twice, then reinforce concepts with Bio section of the Destroyer.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd recommend Kaplan! I used them and my score went up 8 points from my diagnostic to what I actually scored (a 25)!

It really depends on how you learn. I bought several books (DAT destroyer, Kaplan Blue book, a few others) I scored 17 AA all three times I took the DAT. It wasn't until I used DAT Bootcamp that I scored a 19 AA (4th attempt). The books are great and many of my classmates did well using them, I just learn material differently. You need to figure out how you learn the best and then go for it.

Every single dental student that I talked to who used Kaplan doesn’t recommend it..
Well, besides this one obviously. I literally got a 25 and got into 8 dental schools, and I used Kaplan and would recommend it. So, use whatever you want but I was just trying to offer advice that got me my score.