DAT QR Changes??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futdent21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen much on the forum from people who have written the DAT in regards to the proposed changes to the QR section.

Have people had data analysis, interpretation and sufficiency questions?

Here's an example I found from mba.com - has anyone seen these show up on the actual DAT?

Question
If a real estate agent received a commission of 6 percent of the selling price of a certain house, what was the selling price of the house?

(1) The selling price minus the real estate agent's commission was $84,600.
(2) The selling price was 250 percent of the original purchase price of $36,000.

• (A) Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
  • (B) Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
  • (C) BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
  • (D) EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
  • (E) Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Answer: (D)

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't taken the DAT yet so I don't know. The bottom line is you are not going to get an answer to your question :)
It's illegal to post questions from the DAT exam.
Just keep studying and you will do fine

I haven't taken the DAT yet so I don't know. The bottom line is you are not going to get an answer to your question :)
It's illegal to post questions from the DAT exam.
Just keep studying and you will do fine
TBH, I don't see this being any different than asking 'should I study glycolysis' and someone responding - 'yes, you should'.

I can't answer your question either, as I haven't taken the DAT - but as someone studying for the DAT I'm also curious about this.

I haven't seen much on the forum from people who have written the DAT in regards to the proposed changes to the QR section.

Have people had data analysis, interpretation and sufficiency questions?

Here's an example I found from mba.com - has anyone seen these show up on the actual DAT?

Question
If a real estate agent received a commission of 6 percent of the selling price of a certain house, what was the selling price of the house?

(1) The selling price minus the real estate agent's commission was $84,600.
(2) The selling price was 250 percent of the original purchase price of $36,000.

• (A) Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
  • (B) Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
  • (C) BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
  • (D) EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
  • (E) Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Answer: (D)

I work with students year round that take the DAT, as of now no changes have been noted. Study what is indicated on the 2015 ADA Guide and you should be fine.

http://www.ada.org/en/education-careers/dental-admission-test/dat-guide

take care..Nancy

Reactions: 1 user