DAT QR more like topscore or kaplan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yellow Snow

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was feeling really good about QR yesterday on topscore exam number 1. If you know the concepts you can get the right answer. But today I am gettin rolled by Kaplan practice tests. I have a VERY poor math background and it is by far my weakest subject. I am usually decent at word problems but the kaplan questions are very involved with many variables. The times I set up the problem correctly it would still take me far too long to solve the problem. A topscore word problem can be solved in under a minute but these kaplan ones are more like 3-4 minute problems in my opinion.

So, are the DAT QR questions more like topscore or more like Kaplan? Am I the only one feeling a big difference in the demands of the two? I need to know which (or both?) to focus on to bring up my QR score.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah kaplan QR is pretty bad, esp the long calculations, i think the real QR pretty much has numbers that cancel out easily.

Thanks guys, you are making me feel much better. Some of the Kaplan QR questions take a whole minute just to get set up.