DAT QR section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

x0jessmariex3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the dat I know they provide a calculator for the QR section. Yesterday, I went to take the test drive at the test center and on the tutorial when I hit the exhibit button the calculator showed up, but on the top of the calculator there was a mode option. When I hit mode trig functions and many other functions added on to calculator. Is this how it is on the DAT or just simple (+/-/*/)?

Members don't see this ad.

On the test drive the basic calculator showed at first when I hit exhibit, but on the top right corner there is a mode option, and when I hit mode trig, sqrt, and other functions also appeared.

Members don't see this ad :)
Were you able to use those functions on the day of the exam?

Nope, they should really not show that in the test drive if on the actual test day the calculator only has basic functions. The calculator was also slow and hard to use. I ended up doing most calculations on the laminated paper myself because I got frustrated with the calculator.

Omg that's scary, but glad to know you did well on the QR despite the calculator issues, I had a question did you find the math destroyer to be a better representative of the exam?

Honestly I just was always pretty strong in math and my school is mostly engineers. But I went through math destroyer once and got like 85% right. I do think it is really representative of the QR. I would also recommend BC QR it's harder than real DAT but it prepares you for the difficult questions on the exam which can really boost your score.

Thanks for the reply, really appreciated it! Congrats once again on the great scores!!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the reply, really appreciated it! Congrats once again on the great scores!!

Thanks and no problem.

Was the calculator faster during the test drive?

Honestly didn't use it enough in the test drive to give a good answer. But it is really similar to the calculator on your computer just basic functions

Reactions: 1 user