DAT question for 2017-2018 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PKU

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Canadian here. I will likely be applying to us dental schools this cycle (2017-2018). I haven't taken the DAT yet. I know applications open June 1st 2017. My question is, when should be the latest I take the DAT to be good for this cycle.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I took the november DAT. It was a mistake.

My applications weren't marked as complete until my CDAT was received by the schools (between Dec 27th and one school JUST got it). Schools classes are filling up, and it's really risky to have a complete application after the December 1st date. It's a huge disadvantage to apply with the November DAT, because of the 8 week processing period. I would recommend taking the american dat because the scores get there faster.

Hey, I took the november DAT. It was a mistake.

My applications weren't marked as complete until my CDAT was received by the schools (between Dec 27th and one school JUST got it). Schools classes are filling up, and it's really risky to have a complete application after the December 1st date. It's a huge disadvantage to apply with the November DAT, because of the 8 week processing period. I would recommend taking the american dat because the scores get there faster.
I'm probabaly not going to be applying to Canadian schools at all, so might as well take the aDAT. Stupid question, can I write it in Canada lol?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

Canadian here. I will likely be applying to us dental schools this cycle (2017-2018). I haven't taken the DAT yet. I know applications open June 1st 2017. My question is, when should be the latest I take the DAT to be good for this cycle.

Thanks in advance.

know that it will take 2-4 weeks from the time you take the DAT to get to aadsas.

i suggest you take DAT early to mid june at the latest

know that it will take 2-4 weeks from the time you take the DAT to get to aadsas.

i suggest you take DAT early to mid june at the latest
If prep doesn't take as long as the mcat took me (3 months), I'll probabaly be able to push it in for mid June.