DAT question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iistoogood4u

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you got a 24 AA or TS, and you were to retake the DATs, would you think you can do better the second time around?

Members don't see this ad.

If you got a 24 AA or TS, and you were to retake the DATs, would you think you can do better the second time around?

Depends on the individual. With a 24 AA/TS, you're sitting pretty high right now. Therefore, I wouldn't retake it.

No way would I take it over again. You have much more higher chance of getting a lower score than a higher one.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok 24 is a bit high. Lets say 22. 22 AA or 22 TS, if you were to retake it (no choice), do you think you can top your score again?

Its really ironic that you posted this. I got a pretty high AA/TS first time around with a pretty good GPA and didnt get into my first choice(I have gotten in other places though). I'm debating retaking/reapplying. And yes, I think if I actually did retake, I can top my score, because I know exactly which questions I got wrong---they were the ones that I went back and changed the answers to. Stupid me.

busup: just a hypothetical question. The main point of the post is really to see if ppl who scored high on the DAT think its a little or a lot of luck, or it's just that easy to get a better score, being that they can only miss no more than 7/100 on sciences for a 23+.

busup: just a hypothetical question. The main point of the post is really to see if ppl who scored high on the DAT think its a little or a lot of luck, or it's just that easy to get a better score, being that they can only miss no more than 7/100 on sciences for a 23+.

Personally, I have a history of performing poorly on standarized tests. Therefore, if I scored 20+ on the DAT, I would be happy and not want to retake it.

Its really ironic that you posted this. I got a pretty high AA/TS first time around with a pretty good GPA and didnt get into my first choice(I have gotten in other places though). I'm debating retaking/reapplying. And yes, I think if I actually did retake, I can top my score, because I know exactly which questions I got wrong---they were the ones that I went back and changed the answers to. Stupid me.

Yea, I was just thinking about ur score!, loll youa re crazy for wanting to take it again!

mmm if someone with high DAT scores didn't get into the first choice, maybe it wasn't the DAT scores that rejected the person from the first choice? I dunno but I'd say if you have good scores, go do something else like dentist observations, volunteers, and whatnot. That may show the schools how much you want to be a dentist, no? Like someone with 30 hours of shadowing vs. someone with 150 hours.....Just my guesses tho.