1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

DAT question

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by iistoogood4u, Mar 13, 2007.

1. iistoogood4u

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    If you got a 24 AA or TS, and you were to retake the DATs, would you think you can do better the second time around?

2. diane07

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    24 DAT score is excellant. I would not re-take it.

3. busupshot83

busupshot83 S.D.N. Vet
    7+ Year Member

Depends on the individual. With a 24 AA/TS, you're sitting pretty high right now. Therefore, I wouldn't retake it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    No way would I take it over again. You have much more higher chance of getting a lower score than a higher one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. OP
    OP
    iistoogood4u

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    ok 24 is a bit high. Lets say 22. 22 AA or 22 TS, if you were to retake it (no choice), do you think you can top your score again?

6. busupshot83

busupshot83 S.D.N. Vet
    7+ Year Member

depends on your grades. what is your gpa?

7. fancymylotus

fancymylotus A Whole New World
    Dentist 10+ Year Member

Its really ironic that you posted this. I got a pretty high AA/TS first time around with a pretty good GPA and didnt get into my first choice(I have gotten in other places though). I'm debating retaking/reapplying. And yes, I think if I actually did retake, I can top my score, because I know exactly which questions I got wrong---they were the ones that I went back and changed the answers to. Stupid me.

8. OP
    OP
    iistoogood4u

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    busup: just a hypothetical question. The main point of the post is really to see if ppl who scored high on the DAT think its a little or a lot of luck, or it's just that easy to get a better score, being that they can only miss no more than 7/100 on sciences for a 23+.

9. busupshot83

busupshot83 S.D.N. Vet
    7+ Year Member

Personally, I have a history of performing poorly on standarized tests. Therefore, if I scored 20+ on the DAT, I would be happy and not want to retake it.

10. Lonely Sol

Lonely Sol cowgoesmoo fan!
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Yea, I was just thinking about ur score!, loll youa re crazy for wanting to take it again!

11. BodybldgDoc

BodybldgDoc Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    hey if you feel you can do better, then heck I say go for it. :thumbup:

12. Nowhat14

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    mmm if someone with high DAT scores didn't get into the first choice, maybe it wasn't the DAT scores that rejected the person from the first choice? I dunno but I'd say if you have good scores, go do something else like dentist observations, volunteers, and whatnot. That may show the schools how much you want to be a dentist, no? Like someone with 30 hours of shadowing vs. someone with 150 hours.....Just my guesses tho.