DAT Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

millmm

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who registered for the DAT using the paper registration form: How representative is the practice test in the registration packet/book? Also how bout the Kaplan tests. I have noticed that they like to ask certian questions on both and that the material tested on both is at a lower level than the Kaplan book presents. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

The paper test included with the booklet is simply too old to be used as a valid marker for one's skills. I never scored anything less than a 27 on it. To sum: the test is FAR too easy.

The Kaplan tests take a different approach: they test on a wide variety of subject material and, in theory, try to make their tests MORE difficult than the actual exam. That way, when exam time comes, you will feel as though the actual DAT is easier than the practice tests you were taking.

The Kaplan tests did a good job of helping me recognize the areas that I needed to study and improve in.

The exams that are closest to the real deal are the TopScore CD exams. Some of their subsections might have been harder than the actual exam, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Like I said before, after taking exams that are harder than the real thing, the actual DAT will be a cakewalk!

How much will they help you prepare for the exam?
DAT registration book test: C-
Kaplan tests: B
TopScore tests: B+/A-