DAT Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tchuynh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN,
I was just wondering if someone can help me answer a simple question regarding DAT retake.
I know that you have to wait 3 months to retake the DAT again IF you actually took the test,
but if you just cancel your original scheduled test, do you have to wait 3 months also or can you resignup before that?

Reason why im asking was I ******edly scheduled for the DAT before studying, which gave me a 6 months period to take the test, had some family problems so didnt start studying until this month (october) and now i dont feel prepared enough to take it on Nov. 9th. Give me another month or 2 and I will be ready. I wanna take the test before next semester where i will be slammed with classes so....Can i sign up and pay $360 again after i cancel the original test and not have to wait 3 month waiting period?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You do not have to wait 3 months to reschedule. I kept rescheduling the entire month of august every 4 days to retake lol. I spend 100 dollars on the fees just make sure you do it before 3 days before your scheduled test. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for replying qnzbabi91,
but i wasnt talking about rescheduling my test. I meant will i have to wait 3 months if i Cancel my original test, Losing $360, and re signing up for the test again (since nov 9 is the last day of my 6 months eligibility period). I know you have to wait 3 months before you can retake/resignup for the DAT if you actually took it.
But what if you cancel it instead? Does that count as taking it?

Thanks for replying qnzbabi91,
but i wasnt talking about rescheduling my test. I meant will i have to wait 3 months if i Cancel my original test, Losing $360, and re signing up for the test again (since nov 9 is the last day of my 6 months eligibility period). I know you have to wait 3 months before you can retake/resignup for the DAT if you actually took it.
But what if you cancel it instead? Does that count as taking it?

I am sorry tchuynh, maybe you should call prometric and talk to someone there. I don't have an answer/I don't want to misinform you. I am prettttty sure that canceling it doesn't count as taking it. Your name in the database won't have a grade assoicated with it so you never took it. Good luck!

If you sign up for exam TODAY they give you up to 6 months to take it or you lose your $$..if you cancel or better to say " reschedule" you dont have to wait 3months but it has to be within the 6months from when you signed up for it..if you reschedule there is a fee, if you cancel you lose your $$, if you dont show up you lose $$ too..but schools never find out how many times you attempted to take exam..but yea, you only have to wait 3months right after you took exam