DAT questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desigrl37

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am taking the DAT next week and had some questions. I bought the Kaplan comprehensive DAT review book, and they didnt have much coverage on plant biology. Are there a lot of questions about vascular plants (Xylum, cambium ..anther etc. type of questions)? Whats the sea urchin question? For the reading and comprehension section I found a nice strategy, I read one paragraph and then I go through all the questions and answer the ones I can, then I read the next paragraph and do the same, Will this work effectively when I take the actual one? For the quantitative reasoning are the easier questions located near the end, thats what I noticed on top score...(I know this is a stupid question)? Is there a previous thread that has recylced questions? Also for G chem are there a lot of Thermochemistry problems like entrophy related to heat/internal energy pressure and volume type situations? Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I think if you know the different tissue types in vascular plants and plant reproduction, you should be golden. I don't remember what math was on the actual exam, but I do remember averaging 19-20's on Top Score and scoring a 22 on the exam. As far as reading comp, just read the question thoroughly, look for the answer. I did that and got a 21. Best of luck.

On my test, there were like 2 questions on plant biology. I heard from another SNDner that he/she had like 13 questions. I was hoping to have alot of plant biology because that is my strength. In my opinion, it really depends on what test you get. I had the sea urchin question. I don't remember exactly how the question went but it went something like: What is the membrane of the sea urchin used for???? It was something about the membrane but I can't seem to remember. If you do a search when the search is working again, you'll see many posts about it.

double fertilization?