DAT questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoG

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this question is repeated.

Question 1)
bio, chem, organic chem, rc, and pat are in DAT. However, I can't find Physics section in DAT. Is Physics not part of DAT?

Question 2)
How much does it help study DAT's Organic Chemistry part to take Organic Chemistry II class(2nd semester)?

Question 3)
How early do you start studying DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

A) this should be in the DAT section
B) No, physics is not part of the DAT
C) I'm not sure what you're talking about exactly with the Ochem, but I would not use the DAT to study for the class or the other way around. You learn different things in different amounts of detail.
D) As early as you want. Honestly I'd wait until after Ochem is over but whenever is good. I'd give yourself at least 2 months of solid studying though.

to answer question 1 - there is no physics on the Dat
question 2- look at the topics taught in the course and those that are tested on the dat(ADA website) compare and see if it will be helpfull
question 3- I think it varies from person to person, just do your best

hope this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
Question 1 - See above for other users answers
Question 2 - I would take Orgo II before studying for and taking the DAT.
Question 3 - I studied for 6.5 weeks (4-6 hours a day). A friend from my college studied for a year (1-2 hours a day) and he did a lot better on his DAT than myself. You should take a practice test to see where you stand on the big spectrum and go from there. :):D:cool:

I took a Kaplan course to study and it was WELL work the money. My DAT score increased by 4-5 points in each section. Also, I studied 1 hour for each section/day for 4 weeks before my test (nerdy, buy hey, you have to be).

The nice thing about the DAT is you get your score as soon as you finish. I was so excited when I saw my score I started crying. Seems to be an emotional process for a lot of us though:rolleyes:

I took a Kaplan course to study and it was WELL work the money. My DAT score increased by 4-5 points in each section. Also, I studied 1 hour for each section/day for 4 weeks before my test (nerdy, buy hey, you have to be).

The nice thing about the DAT is you get your score as soon as you finish. I was so excited when I saw my score I started crying. Seems to be an emotional process for a lot of us though:rolleyes:

I always wondered if anyone liked getting the score right away. If I had a choice, I would have chosen to receive my score a week later or so.

My friends wanted to have a party right after my test and I had to tell them, "Well, I get my score right after the exam, so if you don't hear from me after 4pm today just assume that I didn't do well on the test." Haha. :D;):)

Yeah, thats one of DAT's best characteristics. tends to make people cry of happiness or makes you cry of pain