DAT quick advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hdkyu10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I've got a little over 2 months to study for the DAT. I'm going to focus on going through the Destroyers, Chad's Video's, crackDAT PAT, AP Biology books, and QVault for practice tests. My big focus is on doing practice problems.

That being said, I'm struggling a bit to figure out how to go through this all in an organized fashion. The biggest question for me is: Should I "finish" one subject in like ~2 weeks, then move on to the next? Or should I do every subject during the week? Thanks for your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi @hdkyu10

I think this is going to depend on you, your background, and your study habits. I think what's most important is to know your end goal, how much time you have remaining, and make sure you stay on pace to finish everything on time. For me personally, I studied biology one day, PAT another day, etc. and I felt it helped keep things fresh for me, and made studying easier.

Good luck!

Hello! I've got a little over 2 months to study for the DAT. I'm going to focus on going through the Destroyers, Chad's Video's, crackDAT PAT, AP Biology books, and QVault for practice tests. My big focus is on doing practice problems.

That being said, I'm struggling a bit to figure out how to go through this all in an organized fashion. The biggest question for me is: Should I "finish" one subject in like ~2 weeks, then move on to the next? Or should I do every subject during the week? Thanks for your advice!

Not all students study the same way for the DAT. The main goal is to complete all the material. I like Likkriue's approach and he obtained big DAT scores, but you might be the type of student who needs to focus on one subject each day. There is no right or wrong way, find what works for you.

Wishing you the best in your studies and on the DAT

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently studying for the DAT, and Ari's study guide on bootcamp has helped me so much with organization. I've tweaked it to meet my needs, but overall it has helped. To be honest, I can't imagine studying for the PAT 5-8 hours in one day. Daily, as I finish studying 1 subject, I look forward to the next one.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in my second week of studying for my DATs using Ari's (Founder of DAT Bootcamp/potentially Jesus, I'm not sure yet) study plan and I can say it is the most organized and well put together schedule I have yet to come by. His 10 week plan encompasses most of the material you already have with the addition of DAT Bootcamp. Like Queen Beach, I'm on the books/sources for about 5 to 8 hours a day and check stuff off the "To-do list" every night. If I dont finish all the material that day, I make a note and do it the next day. For example, I was busy today and could not finish the Chad videos, so I will do them tomorrow. Since Sundays are "rest" days, I usually catch up and review the material I learned that week. I'd suggest you check his very helpful tools.

Here are the links to the guides I use:

Study Guide: https://s3.amazonaws.com/datbootcamp/Ari'sStudyGuide.pdf
Study Schedule: https://s3.amazonaws.com/datbootcamp/Ari'sStudySchedule.pdf

Ive been studying for the DAT for quite a bit and taking it in 2 weeks... And yet I still dont know how to balance out the subjects lol

I am looking at your list of materials and you should definitely get the bootcamp. Go over the destroyer at least twice. I started two weeks ago and when I first started, I was nerve-wrackingly lost on where to start, but trust me it becomes a routine after the first week. I started with Ari's study guide and eventually tweaked it a bit to match my schedule. Don't worry about how much material there is as a whole, just focus on what you need to do that day and you will be set.

Thank you so much everybody! This helps me a lot with my planning process. You guys are the best.