DAT RC Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nsudental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many questions in the real DAT can you get wrong in reading comprehension portion to get 18? What about 17?

Members don't see this ad.

Artist2022 is right! And furthermore, the scaling also depends on the performance of other students. In short, it is extremely tough to answer the question you are asking. The better approach would be to aim to get every question right! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Artist2022 is right! And furthermore, the scaling also depends on the performance of other students. In short, it is extremely tough to answer the question you are asking. The better approach would be to aim to get every question right! :)

Your PATbooster was on point. Received a 19 on all 7 practice exams and received a 19 on PAT. Your exams were also way harder which was cool

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with all that's been said--focus on getting that 30 rather than aiming for a score you need to just get by. You may surprise yourself with how well you'll end up doing!

I took my exam a while ago and honestly felt like I was unsure about maybe 2-3 questions. final RC score was 22 so maybe i missed ~5 questions?

if it helps I was averaging about 20-24 on bootcamp. the reading was relatively similar. if youre able to finish RC on bootcamp and get 18, then just pickup your pace a bit in reading and go over the questions you were unsure of, i'm sure youll see improvements that way

I took my exam a while ago and honestly felt like I was unsure about maybe 2-3 questions. final RC score was 22 so maybe i missed ~5 questions?

if it helps I was averaging about 20-24 on bootcamp. the reading was relatively similar. if youre able to finish RC on bootcamp and get 18, then just pickup your pace a bit in reading and go over the questions you were unsure of, i'm sure youll see improvements that way
How many questions can u miss to get an 18 on RC DAT?

How many questions can u miss to get an 18 on RC DAT?

Lmaoo it’s different for everyone. I just know when I took it the first time, I had two easy essays and 1 hard one. Got a 21. The second time I took the DAT, I had one easy essay and 2 hard ones, got an 18. I noticed how they change up the difficulty for everyone and it’s randomized. Also when I say “easy” I literally mean as simple as seeing the answer in your face. Some hard essays require you to actually think about the answer because of the questions not being straightforward.

Lmaoo it’s different for everyone. I just know when I took it the first time, I had two easy essays and 1 hard one. Got a 21. The second time I took the DAT, I had one easy essay and 2 hard ones, got an 18. I noticed how they change up the difficulty for everyone and it’s randomized. Also when I say “easy” I literally mean as simple as seeing the answer in your face. Some hard essays require you to actually think about the answer because of the questions not being straightforward.

Great response and I agree! Why focus on getting an 18 when a higher score is possible with practice and determination. #think30

Nancy
co-owner/orgoman/DAT Destroyer