DAT re-take advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Decan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new here and I just wanted some advice. I took the DATs in december and did not do too well. This was completely my fault because I did not study enough (in all, I studied for maybe 20 hours). My scores were:

Perceptual ability: 14
Quantitative reasoning: 17
Reading comprehension: 21
Biology: 26
General Chemistry: 20
Organic Chemistry: 16
Total Science: 19
Academic Average: 19

I'm planning to re-take the exam in late-june or early july. How can I improve my scores? I especially need to work on my perceptual ability section.

My DAT score was the weakest part of my application and the only reason why I did not get into the dental school of my choice.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all. I'm new here and I just wanted some advice. I took the DATs in december and did not do too well. This was completely my fault because I did not study enough (in all, I studied for maybe 20 hours). My scores were:

Perceptual ability: 14
Quantitative reasoning: 17
Reading comprehension: 21
Biology: 26
General Chemistry: 20
Organic Chemistry: 16
Total Science: 19
Academic Average: 19

I'm planning to re-take the exam in late-june or early july. How can I improve my scores? I especially need to work on my perceptual ability section.

My DAT score was the weakest part of my application and the only reason why I did not get into the dental school of my choice.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

study with DAT destroyer.. that should do it.. especially for orgo

Members don't see this ad :)
I used the barrons guide to review embryo. I've been a mentor for human physiology 3 years now so my bio was pretty strong.

I bought/started using the destroyer (its awesome) and i'm planning on buying the archiver to work on my PAT. Anything else you guys recommend?

I took the first time DAT one year ago and applied 16 schools last cycle ending no interview at all. Please help me figure out the reason. I start application in middle of August and Scool did not receive my file until the end of Oct. I have bachelor degree in chemical engineer / Master in Accounting and working full time as an account. I have three years chemical research experience and some dental clinic experience. So I took DAT again on 05/10/07. Please compare the two scores and which look better. Should i retake it again? How you think the chance for me next cycle. I am already 32 years old.
1st:
Perception: 18
Quatity: 26
Reading: 14
Biology: 19
Chemistry: 18
Organic: 15
Total science: 18
AA: 18

2nd:
Perception: 16
Quatity: 19
Reading: 13
Biology: 18
Chemistry: 25
Organic Chemistry: 22
Total science: 20
AA: 19

I would say yes...especially for the perceptual ability and reading comprehension. All the advisors I've talked to say that with my GPA (3.95), dental exposure (~40 hrs), and volunteer hours (40+), I should shoot for an 18 on all sections.