DAT re-write after acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

who knows...

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...

When I was applying during the summer, I also registered to re-write the DAT (even though I really didn't want to, I thought my first scores were good but I was scared because they just hit the two year mark this october and at many schools, the scores become invalid after two years)...

Anyways, I kept delaying the DAT and now I have it set for the end of December....but the thing is, I already got one acceptance and I am thrilled about that thank God!!!

Now, in the case that I do re-write the DAT, my scores will be automatically sent to all the schools (including the one where I got accepted)...the only reason I want to give it a shot is to see if I can hear anything from another school that is much closer to me than the one I was accepted at...

If I do worse on the DAT, can they take back the acceptance?? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

do u not want to go to the school u got accepted at? if not then study hard and improve your scores. If i were you, i'd cancel my DAT, pay the deposit, and chillllll till next fall. You're going to be a D1 somewhere!!

if you do retake, just choose to not have scores automatically sent. if you do better, then have scores sent....

Members don't see this ad :)
do u not want to go to the school u got accepted at? if not then study hard and improve your scores. If i were you, i'd cancel my DAT, pay the deposit, and chillllll till next fall. You're going to be a D1 somewhere!!

I most definitely want to go :D but the proximity of the second school is very appealing...

Other than that, I want to do exactly what you just said lol

if you do retake, just choose to not have scores automatically sent. if you do better, then have scores sent....

Can I change that after? ...I already paid for the scores to be sent in...can that be undone?

I think you can...try calling up the ADA people who handle the DAT registration/sending scores stuff

Oh man that would be amazing if I can!! I will definitely call them up on monday...thank you!

i don't think you can... i tried changing some schools for my DAT earlier this year and they refused. they said once its submitted to them they can't change it. its worth trying to see if they can cancel it, but i wouldn't be surprised if they said no.

but either way, who cares if they get sent? its not like NYU will revoke your acceptance for retaking the DAT.