DAT Reading Comp.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted433231

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say if you plan on using the Crack DAT program, for PAT studying which I would advise... Use their reading tests... It really helped me prepare and I scored the best on the reading test out of any other category. Got a 25, from doing 3 of the Crack Dat reading tests so I'm sure it would help you too!

I was wondering if MCAT Exam Krackers 101 Passages in MCAT is good for studying for the DAT...I know the MCAT rc and DAT rc are not the same...

MCAT passages test you more on critical reasoning, whereas DAT tests you on how fast you can read the passage and how well you can skim through the passage picking up the important information. These involve different strategies. However, in my opinion MCAT passages are a great way to practice. If you do 10 verbal reasoning tests and take a DAT RC it will appear a lot easier to you and your score will go up. I know it helped me!

I have mixed feelings about this. It all really boils down to what strategy works best for you. Some students read the entire passage, others use search and destroy, etc. I was at a borders a few months ago and picked up an Exam Krackers MCAT verbal reasoning book just for strategy purposes and practice. I got about halfway through it and thought it was a waste of time. I personally feel like S&D is a good strategy for me, so I have been using that. Play around with the different options out there and see what works best for you (this is where CDAT RC comes in handy).