DAT Reading Comprehension Study Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentalstudent9

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I was wondering what you guys used to prepare for the reading comprehension section on the DAT? I recently found out about RC comprehension book that was published for the Gold Standard. Has anyone used that book to study for the RC? Just wanted to know if it was worth it to buy that book.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't use the Gold Standard book personally. I mainly used Bootcamp RC, Crack DAT RC, Qvault RC, and tried to read 3 articles on Scientific American every morning. Bootcamp was the closest to the real thing in terms of article type and question style. The others were good practice too.

Last edited:
I didn't use the Gold Standard book personally. I mainly used Bootcamp RC, Crack DAT RC, Qvault RC, and tried to read 3 articles on Scientific American every morning. Bootcamp was the closest to the real thing in terms of article type and question style. The others were good practice too.[/QUOTE

Since you have taken the DAT already, looking back at it, would you say reading 3 articles on Scientific American every morning was a waste of time? Or would you say it helped prepared you?

Since you have taken the DAT already, looking back at it, would you say reading 3 articles on Scientific American every morning was a waste of time? Or would you say it helped prepared you?

Definitely helped my get my reading speed up and maintain focus for more scientifically dense material.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)