DAT reading: Genius vs Bootcamp vs real DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drsoni

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does DAT genius and bootcamp compare for reading section? I got 21-22 on reading tests for genius, but I keep getting 18-19 on bootcamp? Also, how do they relate to the real one? Are these harder?

Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

For me, Bootcamp's reading passages were very representative in terms of length/depth/scientific density of the real DAT passages. The Bootcamp questions were harder than what I had on my real test, but not significantly so.

Reactions: 1 user
How does DAT genius and bootcamp compare for reading section? I got 21-22 on reading tests for genius, but I keep getting 18-19 on bootcamp? Also, how do they relate to the real one? Are these harder?

This a very difficult question to answer and one I get asked quite often. Students want to be assured a timed test score and actual DAT score will be about the same. My response is always the same focus more time on studying and less time worrying about a timed test scores. Some students score higher and some lower. You best strategy for reading is to spend time on increasing speed and comprehension levels. If you are competent in those areas you should not find the reading section undoable.

Just my 2 cents..Nancy

Bootcamp was not at all representive of my real reading score the 1st time I wrote. I don't know about Genius, haven't heard anything good about it.