DAT Reading.. should I get datqvault?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student192341

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like I need more practice with reading section. I already have bootcamp. Do you guys recommend datqvault for extra practice? Or do you guys suggest other resources?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I used it as well. Bootcamp is very hard, Datqvault is easier, and it important that you get to experience what is easier as well.

But keep in mind, datqvault is somewhat has different layout. I mean just the design of the program is green and red and I think it does not allow highlighting, but they might have changed.
Dat qvault teachs you how to answer questions that is straight forward but you have to look for its location, so quite like search and destroy mostly.
\

I personally didn't like Bootcamp and found it to be way harder than the real DAT. DATQvault is slightly easier though so but a much better representative than Bootcamp. And I don't think the layout matters, the concepts are more important.

Reactions: 1 user
I used DATBootcamp and got a 17 on my DAT recently. The real DAT is very different than the DATBootcamp practice tests with the questions being very straight forward, often right in the passage (I didn't realize this until the last passage and it was too late for me). As for DATqvault, I didn't use it so I don't know.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you are not good at RC. I would get Datqvault and Crack the DAT reading, they have a bundle for reading only. It is very good. easier than Bootcamp, yet still hard and they have the highlight option the layout similar to the real dat.

This will give you more practice and expose you to a different type of tests. They have very interesting passages. I still
remember one of their passages which made a bit sad.

But if you are somewhat good at RC, just get Crack or Datqvault, no need for both.

Start reading more books for fun too. I wasn't doing any actual reading and I think it would have helped.
AppalachianDentalBoy, That is the advice I give all the time, just read! The goal is to increase reading speed and comprehension levels and this can be easily accomplished by old fashion reading. If you dedicate just 30 minutes a day to reading while preparing for the DAT that's a lot of reading accomplished over the course of your preparation. Make it a habit to read just before bed, not on a computer or phone but an actual book or magazine, it will also help fall asleep. Old school still works for certain things.

Just my 2 cents

Reactions: 1 users