DAT Registration Second Time Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kouneko

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I registered DAT last November because I thought I would be prepared to take it during winter, but I ended up procrastinating and didn't take it :p.

The 6-month registration window is going to end this month on May 28. I registered for May 25th but I'm going to skip it. I am going to start studying right after I graduate mid-June and planning on taking the test in August.

My question is, when will I be able to register again? (Would I have to wait 3 months?)

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

So I was in the same predicament as you. I also registered in November to take it in January after winter break, but that didn't happen lol. So my scheduled test date was suppose to be next Saturday, but I do not feel ready as I am only averaging 19-20 on subject bootcamp tests (1-10). I called them today and asked them about the three month period. They told me don't bother canceling the test on prometrics, which cost $100 to cancel, and just don't show up to the test day. You can reregister for the test without waiting the three month period, I repeatedly asked them about that to make sure, as I did not want to be late in the application cycle.

You would have to email [email protected] about closing out your old test registration after your test date, so it could be quicker for you to later register and schedule a new test date. When you register again, it may take 2-3 days to process your new application. That means you need to repay the registration fees of $430 or something.

But if you had any problems like a demise in the family or something really life threatening, ADA can extend your eligibility period by thirty days. I didn't have any of these problems, so I am going to just shell out $430 to reregister, as this is an investment anyways...

Don't forget I'm in this stressful situation like you lol. Good luck. I hope I answered your question.