DAT Registration Second Time Questions

Started by Kouneko
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kouneko

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I registered DAT last November because I thought I would be prepared to take it during winter, but I ended up procrastinating and didn't take it 😛.

The 6-month registration window is going to end this month on May 28. I registered for May 25th but I'm going to skip it. I am going to start studying right after I graduate mid-June and planning on taking the test in August.

My question is, when will I be able to register again? (Would I have to wait 3 months?)


Thank you!
 
So I was in the same predicament as you. I also registered in November to take it in January after winter break, but that didn't happen lol. So my scheduled test date was suppose to be next Saturday, but I do not feel ready as I am only averaging 19-20 on subject bootcamp tests (1-10). I called them today and asked them about the three month period. They told me don't bother canceling the test on prometrics, which cost $100 to cancel, and just don't show up to the test day. You can reregister for the test without waiting the three month period, I repeatedly asked them about that to make sure, as I did not want to be late in the application cycle.

You would have to email [email protected] about closing out your old test registration after your test date, so it could be quicker for you to later register and schedule a new test date. When you register again, it may take 2-3 days to process your new application. That means you need to repay the registration fees of $430 or something.

But if you had any problems like a demise in the family or something really life threatening, ADA can extend your eligibility period by thirty days. I didn't have any of these problems, so I am going to just shell out $430 to reregister, as this is an investment anyways...

Don't forget I'm in this stressful situation like you lol. Good luck. I hope I answered your question.