Dat Registration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elz787

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you register for the DAT online, is there anything else that needs to be done? Are we supposed to receive anything in the mail>? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

elz787 said:
If you register for the DAT online, is there anything else that needs to be done? Are we supposed to receive anything in the mail>? Thanks!
They'll send a phone # (by mail)to call and make an appt. at the testing center and they can tell you if it's available that time you want to take it. The letter takes a few weeks so get on top of it.

I don't mean to disregard the OP's question (please take a look at it), but I have a question related to DAT registration. On the online application, when ADA ask for your college - will that be the college that I'll be taking the DAT? Or is it just for information purposes, and simply asks for the college I attended?

I'm home for the summer, and my college is quite far away. I don't want to take the DAT there. Could someone please explain this?

Sorry if it's a dumb question. Please answer it first, and then tell me how much of an idiot I am!

Members don't see this ad :)
Three-Oh said:
I don't mean to disregard the OP's question (please take a look at it), but I have a question related to DAT registration. On the online application, when ADA ask for your college - will that be the college that I'll be taking the DAT? Or is it just for information purposes, and simply asks for the college I attended?

I'm home for the summer, and my college is quite far away. I don't want to take the DAT there. Could someone please explain this?

Sorry if it's a dumb question. Please answer it first, and then tell me how much of an idiot I am!

It's the colleges you want to attend. They will send your scores to those colleges.

maisuree said:
It's the colleges you want to attend. They will send your scores to those colleges.

You misunderstood my question, but thanks for answering anyway.

I'm not talking about the question where it asks where I'd like my DAT scores to go. I'm refering to another section on the ADA online application.

It asks (somewhere), about the college I attended. If I put down the University I attended, is it just for information purposes only, or is it the place I'll be designated to take the exam?

I moved home for the summer, and my College is quite far. If you understand my question, please let me know. If not, I'll give ADA a call tommorow.

elz787 said:
I heard from previous year's applicants that they received some practice material directly from the ADA after they scheduled a date but no one I know this year has received anything of that sort from them.... boo