Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Thanks to Dr Romano and the destroyer I was able to crush the DAT. The book is no joke and the constant praise it receives is warranted beyond belief. Scores are as follows:

PAT: 21
QR: 23
RC: 24
Bio: 24
Gen Chem: 26
Orgo: 23
TS: 24
AA: 24

If you are taking this exam and truly want to do well the Destroyer is your best and only option, all others are imitations at best. Thanks again for everything Doctor Romano!

Attachments

Pearl E. White

D1 at LECOM
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Status
Dental Student
Great work! I really hope to do as well as you have. I'm so happy for you! Awesome! :clap:

About the Ads

Auntymarkovnikov

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
How many times did you go through destroyer?

OP
D
Apr 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
How many times did you go through destroyer?
About four or five times, the first two were very slow but each after was quicker. I would say do the math if you need it but the science sections are obviously necessary. The last time or two I focused on the questions I had repeatedly struggled with while quickly answering or reviewing the ones I had already mastered.

Auntymarkovnikov

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
I guess the people that did better than you without using Destroyer don't count?

This is some pretty transparent shilling, dude.
He never said that they don't count. He's just saying that he thinks those methods are less effective.

Reactions: orgoman22
May 17, 2008
Status
Dental Student
He never said that they don't count. He's just saying that he thinks those methods are less effective.
People that do better than him on the exam without using (and let me emphasize this because of how absolutely ridiculous it is) what he claims is the only resource you should use were demonstrably more effective in their methods. There's zero logic behind that statement.

Reactions: Ayyyds
About the Ads
OP
D
Apr 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
People that do better than him on the exam without using (and let me emphasize this because of how absolutely ridiculous it is) what he claims is the only resource you should use were demonstrably more effective in their methods. There's zero logic behind that statement.
Be my guest to advertise other resources but on the basis of my scores using the destroyer there is no other material I’d recommend in good faith having tried all others. The claim that if someone did better than myself the destroyer can’t be the best resource is a totally ridiculous one, and my apologies if I found resources like your own much less effective.

Reactions: asholeeee
May 17, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Be my guest to advertise other resources but on the basis of my scores using the destroyer there is no other material I’d recommend in good faith having tried all others. The claim that if someone did better than myself the destroyer can’t be the best resource is a totally ridiculous one, and my apologies if I found resources like your own much less effective.
I hope you can appreciate the irony in using the phrase "in good faith" while making a very poorly veiled attempt at marketing.

I honestly don't care what resources you use, but I do find giving bad advice (use ONLY this resource) for the purposes of pushing a product to be pretty tasteless.

OP
D
Apr 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
I hope you can appreciate the irony in using the phrase "in good faith" while making a very poorly veiled attempt at marketing.

I honestly don't care what resources you use, but I do find giving bad advice (use ONLY this resource) for the purposes of marketing to be pretty tasteless.
Sure, I’m marketing. Once we take off the tinfoil hats we can discuss that if others want to use other materials they can, but I am passionate in the sole resource I used. I studied the destroyer alone and on the basis of the results and the time I put it I couldn’t recommend it more. Plenty of people will look for free resources but all they’ll find are long lists of facts, I found those to be time wasting and ineffective especially in light of the style of the exam’s material.

Dental_Dream101

2+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Sure, I’m marketing. Once we take off the tinfoil hats we can discuss that if others want to use other materials they can, but I am passionate in the sole resource I used. I studied the destroyer alone and on the basis of the results and the time I put it I couldn’t recommend it more. Plenty of people will look for free resources but all they’ll find are long lists of facts, I found those to be time wasting and ineffective especially in light of the style of the exam’s material.
Did you use Destroyer for PAT and RC also?

Reactions: Ayyyds
Jul 28, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental

I honestly don't care what resources you use, but I do find giving bad advice (use ONLY this resource) for the purposes of pushing a product to be pretty tasteless.

I also only used the destroyer and scored just as high as DentMan55! I don't understand why you are getting so angry with someone who is just explaining what they did to prepare for this exam. Do you have study materials that you feel are comparable? If so, I feel like I would have heard of them...

Reactions: Auntymarkovnikov
OP
D
Apr 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Did you use Destroyer for PAT and RC also?
I practiced neither, they also are not in the destroyer. Two individuals already asked me about PAT to which I said I really don’t know what resource is best but I’m sure there are plenty of reasonable options available online.

Illumident

2+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2016
Status
Dental Student
I also only used the destroyer and scored just as high as DentMan55! I don't understand why you are getting so angry with someone who is just explaining what they did to prepare for this exam. Do you have study materials that you feel are comparable? If so, I feel like I would have heard of them...
I'd always be wary of people who recommend a single best study resource for an exam as diverse as the DAT. If you've scored well, then you should be informed enough to know that there is more than one version of the exam, and future test takers should be recommended to pursue all useful resources out there to be well-prepared. I used Destroyer when I was preparing for my DAT, and it is a great resource but I would never recommend it as the only resource. If you have indeed prepared for the DAT, then you know that Destroyer does not offer any RC or PAT practice which are important sections not to brush aside as dental schools have cut-offs for each section.

Additionally, a red flag goes off in my mind at anyone who posts an unofficial score report below that looks nothing like all other unofficial DAT reports... There's nothing wrong with advertising for a particular company. It's business, but making a universal claim as narrow-sighted as yours is misleading and detrimental to future test takers who may think they only need the Destroyer to do well.

Attachments

OP
D
Apr 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
I'd always be wary of people who recommend a single best study resource for an exam as diverse as the DAT. If you've scored well, then you should be informed enough to know that there is more than one version of the exam, and future test takers should be recommended to pursue all useful resources out there to be well-prepared. I used Destroyer when I was preparing for my DAT, and it is a great resource but I would never recommend it as the only resource. If you have indeed prepared for the DAT, then you know that Destroyer does not offer any RC or PAT practice which are important sections not to brush aside as dental schools have cut-offs for each section.

Additionally, a red flag goes off in my mind at anyone who posts an unofficial score report below that looks nothing like all other unofficial DAT reports... There's nothing wrong with advertising for a particular company. It's business, but making a universal claim as narrow-sighted as yours is misleading and detrimental to future test takers who may think they only need the Destroyer to do well.
I brushed aside neither as I already felt confident in these areas, but as I said before I recommended online resources as I wasn’t familiar with what’s available. As for multiple versions I found the information supplied by the destroyer to be well beyond what the exam asked, I’d feel confident going into a different DAT tomorrow knowing how much the book overprepared me. As for the score report it was folded and rained on, took the test in Manhattan but if you’d like a closer picture of the pressed seal I’d happily oblige.

About the Ads

Illumident

2+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2016
Status
Dental Student
I brushed aside neither as I already felt confident in these areas, but as I said before I recommended online resources as I wasn’t familiar with what’s available. As for multiple versions I found the information supplied by the destroyer to be well beyond what the exam asked, I’d feel confident going into a different DAT tomorrow knowing how much the book overprepared me. As for the score report it was folded and rained on, took the test in Manhattan but if you’d like a closer picture of the pressed seal I’d happily oblige.
Never questioned your unique study methods. I responded to toothgurl.

Dental_Dream101

2+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Never questioned your personal study methods. I responded to toothgurl.

The Mods have a lot on their plate but i think red flags such as these should raise awareness.

Also the prep companies should be a little smarter when they are trying to promote themselves and remember that greed is what destroys a company. (Not specific towards any one company)

Jul 28, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental

My score sheet looks like that because my Prometric center was unable to print my Official Score Report, so I had it sent to me through the ADA...I just googled Feralis to find these "DAT study materials" he has, and honestly they're just a rip off of information found in other popular books like Cliffs Notes and Campell's books... nothing original..I'm glad he has the ability to copy and paste. Honestly, this is ridiculous. Feralis angrily commenting on someone's post explaining what worked for them takes away from the very essence of SDN which is a place where people come to speak about what worked for them and if people want to make a choice about what tools they want to study with, they can shop around on SDN and make that choice for themselves. The fact that you are so worked up about someone saying they didn't use your notes just shows how much confidence you lack in the resources you've created. If they actually worked... you wouldn't have to spend your precious time on SDN begging people to try your resources.

Dental_Dream101

2+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
My score sheet looks like that because my Prometric center was unable to print my Official Score Report, so I had it sent to me through the ADA...I just googled Feralis to find these "DAT study materials" he has, and honestly they're just a rip off of information found in other popular books like Cliffs Notes and Campell's books... nothing original..I'm glad he has the ability to copy in paste. Honestly, this is ridiculous. Feralis angrily commenting on someone's post explaining what worked for them takes away from the very essence of SDN which is a place where people come to speak about what worked for them and if people want to make a choice about what tools they want to study with, they can shop around on SDN and make that choice for themselves. The fact that you are so worked up about someone saying they didn't use your notes just shows how much confidence you lack in the resources you've created. If they actually worked... you wouldn't have to spend your precious time on SDN begging people to try your resources.
This sounds like a specific testing prep company representative

Dental_Dream101

2+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental

I never have gotten the opportunity to thank you for the notes and your service to this community. The fact that you put in so much time and effort to provide complimentary notes that has become part of the study plan for 99% of students is tremendous. It has helped me and helped others also. Thank you!

JDent99

2+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Something seems off about this. It's well known that Feralis' notes, Destroyer, and Chad's videos are all excellent resources for DAT material review. People will have their preferences, but I agree with Feralis in that Destroyer is in no way the only resource students should be using. Just because Feralis states that, it doesn't mean that he is pushing people to use his notes.

caffeine jitters

2+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Something seems off about this. It's well known that Feralis' notes, Destroyer, and Chad's videos are all excellent resources for DAT material review. People will have their preferences, but I agree with Feralis in that Destroyer is in no way the only resource students should be using. Just because Feralis states that, it doesn't mean that he is pushing people to use his notes.
Not to mention that his notes are completely free, as are the 2007 + 2009 ADA exams, and Cliffs 3rd edition. I think many other subscription based prep services offer free materials as well.

Reactions: Minions2015

Jyggaswoop

Account on Hold
Account on Hold
2+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
all others are imitations at best
While daunting this is the only way to guarantee the results you want
I mean if you’d prefer more roundabout or less effective methods, many of which I tried and put aside, I guess you could say it isn’t the only way
Why so obnoxious when answering the questions/talking about other resources? Yeah you can say you only used destroyer, but you don't have to attack other resources students use and get higher scores than you did by using them. Also, how do you know other resources are "worse" than destroyer, especially if you didn't go through them fully. How can you know they're not as good? You can't.

artist2022

yes, I'm a girl
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
How about we all calm down and respect OP's opinion on the type of material they used. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and theirs was that Destroyer is a must. Agreed. SDN is a community meant to help, not to bash. Don't belittle prep materials, such as Kaplan, or Cliffs, or BC, or Destroyer- people use what they want to. Congrats OP on attaining those scores! Well done :)

Minions2015

2+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
How about we all calm down and respect OP's opinion on the type of material they used. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and theirs was that Destroyer is a must. Agreed. SDN is a community meant to help, not to bash. Don't belittle prep materials, such as Kaplan, or Cliffs, or BC, or Destroyer- people use what they want to. Congrats OP on attaining those scores! Well done :)
I agree hundred percent but it seems like their is suspecions that a certain company is making up new accounts to promote their product by showing their students DAT score or a DAT score. If that's the case it's disgusting! Maybe I am misinterpreting the comments on here?

artist2022

yes, I'm a girl
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
I agree hundred percent but it seems like their is suspecions that a certain company is making up new accounts to promote their product by showing their students DAT score or a DAT score. If that's the case it's disgusting! Maybe I am misinterpreting the comments on here?
I think everyone just got a little worked up on the way OP worded their post, but again. It's their opinion. The people over at Destroyer are very helpful and their product is one that many, including Feralis himself, have used. One should always take everything they see on the internet with a grain of salt :) Go with what works for you!

Apr 20, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Know yourself before you trick yourself. This guy might just be super intelligent. I'm not, so I know I need more than one resource. But this community is pretty bizarre to me, so many altruistic people giving great advice to their COMPETITORS. But sometimes you can get bad directions from bad people, like that squirrel lady from the movie Rat Race. And there are other competitors competing for our money, so remember that dishonesty doesn't always mean illegal (Just multiply how many people take the DAT each year and the co$t of each resource). The only person I trust is my gut

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the Ads