DAT Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Agnathans

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I recently took my DAT for the third and final time and scored a 20 AA ( 18 bio, 19 g. chem, 20 o. chem), 22 RC, 19 QR), and a 25 PAT. The first two times I thought Icould do it on my own, and used kaplan resources which are good for getting a feel for the material but didn't get me the scores I needed. I sought advice here and was steered to DAT Bootcamp, Chad's Videos, and DAT/Math Destroyer. I studied over a 10 week span, and took the test May 18. I wanted to thank everyone on here for their advice, it wasn't easy taking this thing three times and putting my life on hold, but I got the direction I needed here! Its great to finally be done with this test, I just hope its good enough!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey Everyone,

I recently took my DAT for the third and final time and scored a 20 AA ( 18 bio, 19 g. chem, 20 o. chem), 22 RC, 19 QR), and a 25 PAT. The first two times I thought Icould do it on my own, and used kaplan resources which are good for getting a feel for the material but didn't get me the scores I needed. I sought advice here and was steered to DAT Bootcamp, Chad's Videos, and DAT/Math Destroyer. I studied over a 10 week span, and took the test May 18. I wanted to thank everyone on here for their advice, it wasn't easy taking this thing three times and putting my life on hold, but I got the direction I needed here! Its great to finally be done with this test, I just hope its good enough!

Congratulations! :clap:

I applaud you for not giving up and taking the DAT for the third time. It is not an easy test and you had the perseverance to not give up.

What is your science GPA and from what school? Also what is your TS score on the DAT. Love your 22 reading score, schools will notice that.

Many things are consider by the dental schools, so make sure you have a very well written personal statement and volunteer service on your application. Dental schools like well rounded students!

Good luck to you!

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! My GPA is about a 3.34 science is a 3.1 from Siena College, in Albany NY. I have 1300+ hours of clinical experience in 10 offices and a hospital dental clinic, as well as full time, sterilization, four handed assisting, and making appliances(RPEs, TPAs, LLHAs, nance appliances , hawley retainers, invisible retainers, pouring models) in two orthodontic offices and a pediatric office. I have 3 years of undergrad research, and I have volunteered with the fire department in the past. In college I went on a service trip to the Dominican Republic in Los Tres Brasos. I brought dental donations (300+ brushes and pastes and other materials donated by NY dentists) and taught parts of the body and a dental hygiene lecture from English to Spanish to grades k-3. I also restore classic cars/scooters, and can repair just about anything. And my total science score was a 19.

I plan to shadow in more offices this summer, apply within the first week of the application cycle, and in august I am going to MWU in Arizona for a 1 year Biomedical Sciences MA

Last edited:
Thank you! My GPA is about a 3.34 science is a 3.1 from Siena College, in Albany NY. I have 1300+ hours of clinical experience in 10 offices and a hospital dental clinic, as well as full time, sterilization, four handed assisting, and making appliances(RPEs, TPAs, LLHAs, nance appliances , hawley retainers, invisible retainers, pouring models) in two orthodontic offices and a pediatric office. I have 3 years of undergrad research, and I have volunteered with the fire department in the past. In college I went on a service trip to the Dominican Republic in Los Tres Brasos. I brought dental donations (300+ brushes and pastes and other materials donated by NY dentists) and taught parts of the body and a dental hygiene lecture from English to Spanish to grades k-3. I also restore classic cars/scooters, and can repair just about anything. And my total science score was a 19.

I plan to shadow in more offices this summer, apply within the first week of the application cycle, and in august I am going to MWU in Arizona for a 1 year Biomedical Sciences MA

Wow, you are a really a rounded student and I am sure any dental school will be impressed with your devotion to volunteer service and numerous hours of clinical service. Make sure you incorporate some or your achievements and volunteer service in your personal statement. You caught my attention from what you just posted on SDN. You have an excellence chance at getting interviews and I am glad you applied at multiple schools, hopefully NYU was one of them:).

Keep us posted!

Nancy

Members don't see this ad :)
NYU will definitely be one of them! just waiting for the application service to open on June 2nd!

NYU will definitely be one of them! just waiting for the application service to open on June 2nd!

NYU accepts a lot of students but hope you have Howard and Meharry on your list, especially because of the lower science GPA. We have had great success with those schools.

Attached is average DAT and GPA scores of the US Dental School Enrollees in 2013.

Attachments

• DAT Scores by Dental School.pdf
    199.6 KB · Views: 86
Congrats and kudos to you for not giving up.
Good luck on your application process

NYU accepts a lot of students but hope you have Howard and Meharry on your list, especially because of the lower science GPA. We have had great success with those schools.

Attached is average DAT and GPA scores of the US Dental School Enrollees in 2013.

Thank you Nancy, those schools will be on there!