DAT retake 10/19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thn610

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my 2nd time taking the DAT.
1st(09)2nd
PAT 16 22
QR 19 22
RC 19 16 :(
Bio 16 16 :cry:
GC 19 20
OC 16 21
AA 18 19

I got everything others recommended, Achiever, Topscore, Cliff, Dat, datqvault, CDP, Kaplan... I tried really hard on Bio, but the question were so random.

I already graduated last year with chemistry major. Been working full time on the lab and part time at dental clinic. sGPA:3.62 GPA: 3.65
Apply to 10 schools and was considered as OOS student ( because of my immigration status) AA mail out 7/18

Is there a change for me this cycle? Do you think i should retake? Please give me an advice.

I was so frustrated, 2 months with less than 5 hours of sleep nearly everyday. And the result is not as close as everyone in here. Thank God for saving my life. Without him, I don't think you guy would see this post. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Damn dude, go easy on yourself (the last line). I know it's rough, but just stick in there, focus on your weaknesses, and take it a third time. Nothing comes easy. If you really want to be a dentist (and I am sure you do, as do all of us), nothing can stand in your way. Your cGPA and sGPA are stellar, which I believe leaves a little room for error in the DAT. Just keep trucking and you'll be in Dental School in no time. Hang in there! :thumbup:

This is my 2nd time taking the DAT.
1st(09)2nd
PAT 16 22
QR 19 22
RC 19 16 :(
Bio 16 16 :cry:
GC 19 20
OC 16 21
AA 18 19

I got everything others recommended, Achiever, Topscore, Cliff, Dat, datqvault, CDP, Kaplan... I tried really hard on Bio, but the question were so random.

I already graduated last year with chemistry major. Been working full time on the lab and part time at dental clinic. sGPA:3.62 GPA: 3.65
Apply to 10 schools and was considered as OOS student ( because of my immigration status) AA mail out 7/18

Is there a change for me this cycle? Do you think i should retake? Please give me an advice.

I was so frustrated, 2 months with less than 5 hours of sleep nearly everyday. And the result is not as close as everyone in here. Thank God for saving my life. Without him, I don't think you guy would see this post. :(

Tough man, you improved pretty good overall. Given that your apps are already in, you don't really have a choice but to wait and maybe something good will happen. That Bio and RC are two pretty big red flags though. You probably should retake if you don't get in this cycle.

First off, overall you made a HUGE improvement on your second attempt. I would not beat yourself up over your scores. Yes, you had a low bio and your RC went down but everything else went up :thumbup: Take some time off and see what happens this year. You may be surprised ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, be glad you did an overall improvement! It's a stressful exam especially to take it twice...while the bio and RC are kind of flags in your DAT score - go ahead and apply...and maybe double check whether the schools you applied to have cut offs etc. The applying process can be a toss up, so you never know what could happen! If the rest of your app is as good as your grades, that could definitely help!

Dude, Keep your head up!! I got 16 on both bio and RC with 19AA, 20 TS and similar GPA. I got 3 pre-december interviews so far. In addition, late app mailed out mid sept for 8 schools. On two interviews, they asked about both section, but i could go through.. U will have good news soon.