DAT retake 6/18/08

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bruinlove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you want?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
:\ why did you retake if you did well on the 1st time? i would die for those scores that you got the 1st time..

congrats anyways! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
im not sure but i think ur first scores were better... u had better PAT and 2 out 3 sciences were better.. i guess im just being devil advocate but both are nice

Hi all,

I just took DAT for the second time.

1st take (Oct. 2007) 22/22/24
Took Kaplan course (useless crap). studied from mid-Aug to early Oct.

2nd take (Jun. 2008) 23/23/22
Studied from June 3rd. to June 17th. (3hrs a day)
congrates!!
wow studied 3hrs for two weeks and got that score?? you must be genius.

i was supposed to take test this saturday.... but i dont think i am ready...i am pushing it to end of august. any suggestion??

:\ why did you retake if you did well on the 1st time? i would die for those scores that you got the 1st time..

congrats anyways! :D

I'm wondering the same as this guy. Why the retake? It's not like you botched any of the sections, and I think a 22 overall would put you at about the 93-96 percentile.

I'm wondering the same as this guy. Why the retake? It's not like you botched any of the sections, and I think a 22 overall would put you at about the 93-96 percentile.

Yeah, it was about 96% and now it's about 98%.
Not so much diff, but I thought giving it another shot wouldn't hurt too much as long as I study. I have been expecting 23+, so I guess I'm satisfied now.

Well, some people like me have reasons to stay near home.
I thought having a higher score would help me get into UCLA, and that's why I have taken it twice. In case people don't know, avg DAT for UCLA is 22/20.

Well, some people like me have reasons to stay near home.
I thought having a higher score would help me get into UCLA, and that's why I have taken it twice. In case people don't know, avg DAT for UCLA is 22/20.

Instate and local with your original 22/22/24 would have gotten you in. Now you're guaranteed. See you next year.

congrates!!
wow studied 3hrs for two weeks and got that score?? you must be genius.

i was supposed to take test this saturday.... but i dont think i am ready...i am pushing it to end of august. any suggestion??

You gotta take it when you are ready.
But, you need to know that there is only so much to study, and you will never feel 100% ready. I recommend taking a practice exam (kaplan, topscore etc). Then, you may be able to estimate how much more you need to study to get your dream score.

So...compared to the difficulty of the real thing...how did you like kaplan online math subject tests?

Hi all,

I just took DAT for the second time.

1st take (Oct. 2007) 22/22/24
Took Kaplan course (useless crap). studied from mid-Aug to early Oct.

2nd take (Jun. 2008) 23/23/22
Studied from June 3rd. to June 17th. (3hrs a day)

1st 2nd
AA 22 23 :D
TS 22 23 :D
PAT 24 22 :rolleyes:
Bio 20 22 :D
G.Chem 23 22 :rolleyes:
O.Chem 27 23 :cool:
RC 20 23 :D
QR 21 27 :D

This makes me want to start studying again for a retake so that I can try to top Hugh Mannity's 25 AA and 27 TS :D

Bruinlove... definitely give you props for having the balls to risk getting worse scores to attempt a retake. Could've gone the other way and you would've dug yourself a nice little hole. Nicely done...

Nice scores. It took some massive Huevos to retake it like that haha