DAT Retake and App Advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted892858

Hello everyone! I am currently studying for my DAT retake in early June. My first time around I got 18 PAT, 19 BIO, 18 GC 18 OC, 20 QR, 22 RC AA 19 TS 18 after studying for two weeks. This time around I am studying around 10 weeks and I am dogged to outwit the DAT! I just need some advice though - to my understanding, it takes around a couple weeks for scores to upload into your AADSAS app, and a dentist I talked to said I should submit June 1st no matter what. I am concerned because are schools going to see my old scores and throw my application in the trash so to speak without seeing my new updated scores? It will probably show as "PENDING," but is submitting my app early worth it? Or should I just wait until my DAT Is uploaded to submit? I would hate to see all the hard work I am putting in to go to waste because schools just looked at my old scores, not seeing the new ones.

FYI, my GPA is 3.81, so I was looking for general advice on what to do. Should I wait until my new scores are up? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're afraid that schools will see your old scores and throw your application away, you can just apply to one school at first. That way your transcripts will be verify, and after you get your new scores, you can add more schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Submit. You will be fine. I don't think dental schools will look at your application the second you submit.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would recommend waiting until after your scores are uploaded.

This is based on the assumption that your old scores will be less competitive and the fact that submitting your application a few days, even a couple weeks, after the June 1st opening does not make a significant difference.

Good luck!

Hello everyone! I am currently studying for my DAT retake in early June. My first time around I got 18 PAT, 19 BIO, 18 GC 18 OC, 20 QR, 22 RC AA 19 TS 18 after studying for two weeks. This time around I am studying around 10 weeks and I am dogged to outwit the DAT! I just need some advice though - to my understanding, it takes around a couple weeks for scores to upload into your AADSAS app, and a dentist I talked to said I should submit June 1st no matter what. I am concerned because are schools going to see my old scores and throw my application in the trash so to speak without seeing my new updated scores? It will probably show as "PENDING," but is submitting my app early worth it? Or should I just wait until my DAT Is uploaded to submit? I would hate to see all the hard work I am putting in to go to waste because schools just looked at my old scores, not seeing the new ones.

FYI, my GPA is 3.81, so I was looking for general advice on what to do. Should I wait until my new scores are up? Thanks!
Call the schools and ask them what is the process for holding your application for review until they get your re-take scores. I am sure schools will evaluate things differently if they know that you are going to take the DAT again.

For example, Penn put my apps on hold until October bc I retook my DAT in October. Each school may have different policies; so check with the schools of your interest.

I do not think so; most dental schools see all DAT scores and have different policies on which to judge (e.g most recent considered, average considered). I would just submit it anyway as your high gpa imo would dissuade them from tossing your application in the first place