DAT retake breakdown AA20 TS22

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KoonS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I just retook my DAT and not really sure if i should feel happy or :(

lots of EC and volunteer
Materials: Thanks Dr. Orgoman and Chads for great resources!
PAT: No study, watch youtube videos the night before.
Bio: feralis and destroyer 2x is all you need
QR: I did first 4 destroyer exam 3 times. I did not know study for it when I took the exam the first time.
RC: No study for it at all for both exams, but i read a lot of CNN political stuff. BTW, the highlight feature really distracted me this time.
GC: Chads and destroyer 3x
OC: chads and destroyer 3x. I got the hard version with a lot of conceptual question and two super weird reactions (never seen it b4)

The RC really concerned me (english is 2nd language), Idk if I should continue to retake it or sleep with it.
Any advices?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hello guys,
PAT 16->18
QR 17-->20
RC 17-->15 :(:(:(:(:(:(
Bio 18-->20
GC 18-->23
OC 21-->21
TS 19-->22
AA 18-->20
oGPA 3.36 sGPA 3.22
lots of EC and volunteer
QR: I did first 4 destroyer exam 3 times. I did not know study for it when I took the exam the first time.
RC: No study for it at all for both exams, but i read a lot of CNN political stuff. BTW, the highlight feature really distracted me this time.
OC: chads and destroyer 3x. I got the hard version with a lot of conceptual question and two super weird reactions (never seen it b4)

The RC really concerned me (english is 2nd language), Idk if I should continue to retake it or sleep with it.
Any advices?
Congratulations! You have great scores with the exception of reading and many schools are forgiving because it is your 2nd language. Your science scores are all 20 plus and QR and PAT scores are fine. You brought your scores up in every section but reading. the dental schools will like the improvement in the other sections. What schools do you have in mind?

Nancy

Last edited:
Thank you Nancy, the destroyers were great help for my science scores! :)
I applied to 19 schools below already, but got waitlisted for interview from MWU-AZ before the retake.
Do you have any suggestions on schools that would overlook my RC?
Residency: COLORADO

Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health (AZ) AZ
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Arizona (MWU) AZ
The University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine (COL) CO
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine School of Dental Medicine (LECOM-FL) FL
Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine (NSU) FL
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Illinois (MWU-IL) IL
Indiana University School of Dentistry (IND) IN
University of Louisville School of Dentistry (UL) KY
University of Maryland School of Dentistry (MYD) MD
University of New England College of Dental Medicine (UNE) ME
University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry (UDM) MI
University of Michigan School of Dentistry (MICH) MI
Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health (MOSDOH) MO
University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine (UNLV) NV
New York University College of Dentistry (NYU) NY
Touro College of Dental Medicine at New York Medical College NY
Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine (CASE) OH
University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Dentistry (UTHSC) TN
Roseman University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine (USN)

Hello guys,
PAT 16->18
QR 17-->20
Bio 18-->20
GC 18-->23
OC 21-->21
TS 19-->22
AA 18-->20
oGPA 3.36 sGPA 3.22
lots of EC and volunteer

Any advices?
I'm so sorry to tell you this, but that 15 in RC is really a red flag. I had a 16 in RC at my first attempt and I had to retake it and brought it up to 18RC.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ouch I didn't know that! I hope I don't have to retake PAT looool... Do you think I should or nah... I worked my butt off to try to get my AA higher lol. *Oops didn't see your other post! Thanks :D

Yea I'm aware that English is his/her second language, but when I had a 16 in RC (English is second language for me too) the dean of admission asked if I could retake. 15 is just too low
Did you get interviews at all?
Im also leaning toward a retake, probably Nov, but idk if retaking DAT the 3rd times would raise a huge red flag?
As of now, I am exploring all my options and waiting to hear back from my state school see what they say.

Ouch I didn't know that! I hope I don't have to retake PAT looool... Do you think I should or nah... I worked my butt off to try to get my AA higher lol. *Oops didn't see your other post! Thanks :D
Lol, I did not study for PAT at all, but i learned from my mistakes from last exam, and it got me the 18 lol.

Did you get interviews at all?
Im also leaning toward a retake, probably Nov, but idk if retaking DAT the 3rd times would raise a huge red flag?
As of now, I am exploring all my options and waiting to hear back from my state school see what they say.
Yea I had 1 interview out of 20 schools I applied to haha. It was from MOSDOH.
Just to make sure, call each schools you want to apply to and ask if retake would be necessary

I think PAT should be fine
What is your stats and EC when u applied last time if you dont mind me asking?

USC and UF has minimum 15 on each section. Go to church or mosque whatever every day and pray.
I dont believe in such thing haha. Prayed too many times as a kid and it never worked out in my favor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys,
PAT 16->18
QR 17-->20
Bio 18-->20
GC 18-->23
OC 21-->21
TS 19-->22
AA 18-->20
oGPA 3.36 sGPA 3.22
lots of EC and volunteer

Any advices?
My stats are exactly the same as yours.
PAT 19
QR 19
RC 15
BIO 20
GC 22
OC 23
TS 22
AA 20
oGPA 3.32 sGPA 3.24

I'm very worried about the RC 15. Please let me know if you receive any interview invites!!! It'll give me some hope

My stats are exactly the same as yours.
PAT 19
QR 19
RC 15
BIO 20
GC 22
OC 23
TS 22
AA 20
oGPA 3.32 sGPA 3.24

I'm very worried about the RC 15. Please let me know if you receive any interview invites!!! It'll give me some hope
I got 2 rejections from nova and mwu-az (waitisted b4 the report lol) after sent my unofficial report in. I am preparing for a retake on NOV if not hearing anything by end of OCT.
Definitely dont want to wait for another year.

Reactions: 1 user
If I were you, I would retake it one more time. Get some supplements for PAT and RC, like DAT boot camp. That's solely my opinion, but remember... this exam does not define who you are.

Sorry to hear about that RC score. Everything else is stellar.

I'm not a strong reader myself, so I can't really give you any advice. But mentioning that English is your second language will definitely give you some leverage when applying.

Sorry to hear about that RC score. Everything else is stellar.

I'm not a strong reader myself, so I can't really give you any advice. But mentioning that English is your second language will definitely give you some leverage when applying.
Thank you,
I am actually preparing for a third retakes atm lol, idk if i should just retake it again haha.