DAT Retake done - 11/10/07

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

levyusupov

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok guys, know i was not as active on SDN lately, but is just b/c i was approved for retake by the ADA. therefore, i was bz with studies for the DAT.

here are my scores:

PAT - 17
QR - 15
RC - 16
BIO -21
GC - 21
OC - 23

TS - 21
AA - 19

my study materials were: TopScore , Achiever, Destroyer.

for the sciences the DESTROYER is the best material out there !!!!! It covers the essential topics for the DAT in the best way possibe, especially for OC and GC. the updates on the biology (it went up to question # 313) are priceless and u should get them !!!! also, there is additional TWO Road Maps in destroyer's OC section.

Finally, i wanna thank DR. Romano and Nancy for their help and support. Thank you for being dadicating by being there for me any time, all the time.

what u guys think ? let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

r u applying this cycle? what schools r u applying to?
did u improve from ur first scores?
best,
dan

I took the DAT and got similar scores. TS 21 AA 19. My only difference is a 19 on GC and 20 on Bio, I got a 19 on RC tho. Otherwise rest is the same.

Great job with scores - hopefully all your apps are in and they were just waiting for scores

edit:oops:h i got an18 on the pat to

Members don't see this ad :)
Great job man, I saw u studying the last 2 weeks, I knew u would do well. U knew the destroyer in and out that's exactly what I did, for the science sections. Good Luck in dental school.

good job bro........finish that application up and stay on top of the schools to make sure they receive all your materials...........good luck

Good job! Good luck with the rest of the application process.. I would agree that the DAT Destroyer does prepare you to have the proper mind set to approach the exam!! I'm currently grinding through all the Road maps for Organic. Wish me luck hope I do just as well as you!

Don't believe all the hype that you hear about Destroyer. I used it, but I didn't think it was the "BEST". Nancy and Romano rip you off by trying to sell you Destroyer updates. Their Biology section wasn't good, their GChem and Ochem sections were overkill. Save your money and buy other resources. There's too many people on here who work for them.

Great Job, you should be proud of yourself. Those are really good scores.

Im taking the DAT in December and Im using DESTROYER as well. I really think its the best material to use, especially for Gen Chem and Orgo. I am also using Tpscore and Achiever. Do you have any other suggestions?

hey sshine, nancy and romano are not trying to "rip you off by selling you the destroyer updates". you should consider yourself lucky that you are being offered to buy the updates since not everyone knows that the destroyer gets updated more than once during a year. currently, i am studying for the DATS, and i have to say that destroyer is right on the money. and i am sure that more than half of SDNers will agree with me

Big Congarts!!!...Complete your applications as soon as possible!!!.... scores are great but "time" is also important. I agree, Destroyer is big on sciences..... Destroyer Orgo RoadMaps are great. They summarise all the reactions on one page. You'll not find it in any text book.

hey sshine, dont confuse people with your post. I've used other material before..Kaplan, TopScore.... it's all good... but if you want big science scores, definately Destroyer. It's better to "over prepare" yourself than to retake the test again. DAT is unpredictable, you can get an easier version or you can get a harder version. But Destroyer is definately on the money for sciences. Plus, to get in into dental school these days is very competitive. All of us wish to get all 30's. It's possible with Destroyer.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you guys (and girls) for the kind words and the support. i wish u all the best with ur exams. study hard and dont let nowbody to distract u from ur ultimate and final goal.

Way the go. I remember you being an active user. I quess as time got closer to the DAT you had to focus more of your attention to the studying. I am really happy that you did well. Good with this cycle. Destroyer no doubt is truly one of the best resources out there for this exam. Let us know how the interviews go along.

i promise you guys to keep u updated with my process with dental schools. thanks for the support again !!!!!

please keep us all updated about your apps. i am sure im not only speaking for myself here, but we are all curious about what school(s) you will get into. btw, if you need help, with your personal statement, private message me, and i will try my best to help you out.
-Raya

good job bro........finish that application up and stay on top of the schools to make sure they receive all your materials...........good luck

thanks buddy, i am almost done with the application, about 95% finished. thanks for the support.

ok guys (and girls) it is DONE. my application is in. all i have to do now is to wait for reply. so, wish me good luck....again.

i got my GPA approved by AADSAS few days ago.

here is the breakdown:
sGPA: 3.50
BCP: 3.31
overall GPA: 3.52 (chemistry major)

let me know what u think.

your GPA is good.... and you have good scores.... so you have a good chance