DAT REtake DONE! 7/27/2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supera

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, Thank you SDNers! I appreciate all of your help throughout my long journey. My scores are not crazy awesome like people posting here but still happy. Here is my score:).

2010 -------> 2011
AA/TS/PA --->AA/TS/PA
18/18/25 --->21/22/25

PAT - 25 ---> PAT - 25
QR - 19 ---> QR - 21
RC - 15 ---> RC - 17
BIO - 15 ---> BIO - 23
GC -21 ---> GC - 23
OC - 18 ---> OC - 21
TS - 18 ---> TS - 22
AA - 18 ---> AA - 21

I know my RC is horrible, but feel happy at least for the fact that all of my scores went up!
Do you think that RC score will affect much?
My overall GPA is 3.4 sGPA 3.1(Yeah not that great:() lots of EC(research with paper submission, volunteer work, community service and shadowing with 4 different dentists and etc...).
I will also submit my application as soon as my new DAT scores come into my AADSAS account(rest of my app sections are all done but just waiting for my new scores to come in because I don't want schools to receive my application with old DAT score).

Breakdown

PAT: materials used: CDP
I am usually good with PAT. So I took 2 CDP(scored 23,23) before my test date. I actuallty thought real DAT was easier than CDP

QR: materials used: Math Destroyer
went over math destroyer for 1.5X. I think math destoryer will prepare you well. My scores averaged 21-24.

BIO: materials used: Cliff's Bio, Barron's Bio, KBB, Kaplan online workshop, datQvault, DAT destroyerX2
Okay, this section was random as usual, and I thought I bombed my BIO section so I was pretty surprised with 23.
I tried to use as many sources as possible. I think it saved my BIO score. By tackling many different questions and readings from various sources I had broader vision on the material. I think datQvualt best represented my real DAT Bio for randomness. I scored straight 18-19 for 10 sets of datQvault tests(never broke 20s).

GC: materials used: Chad's video and quiz, Destroyer X2
I had good mix of conceptual and calculation questions(both set up and full calculation) for my real DAT.
BTW, I love Chad!!! He covered materials very well and I realized my second run of Destroyer got much easier.

OC: materials used: Chad's video and quiz, Destroyer X2
Same as GC for giving my full credit to Chad and destroyer. I had more of reaction type questions(predicting products) than conceptual ones. I thought I scored higher than 21, but still happy!

RC: materials used: Kaplan online, CDR
There is nothing much I can say about this section. My RC have been horrible consistently. I was generally scoring 17-19 in Kaplan and 15-16 in CDR. I am a slow reader(plus didn't really read textbook throughout my undergrad years) and simply followed Kaplan's mapping method because none of the strategies really worked out for me. During the actual DAT I ran out of time(I had 10 minutes to finish reading and questions for passage 3), and I think I bombed my 3rd passage because it had 24 paragraphs and ended up guessing straight 9-10 questions at last moment.

I also used Topscore(only science section), 2007 ADA sample(only science), 2009 ADA sample, 3 Kaplan Full lengths

Topscore
Test#, BIO/GC/OC
1, 19/21/19
2, 21/23/21
3, 21/21/23

ADA 2007
BIO/GC/OC
21/26/28

ADA 2009
BIO/GC/OC/TS/AA/PAT/RC/QR
20/ 19/ 21/ 20/19/ 25/ 16/ 19

Kaplan full lengths
Online full lenth DAT Practice Test 1
19/ 20/ 20/ 20/19/ 25/ 18/ 20
Online Midterm
22/ 23/ 23/ 23/22/ 25/ 19/ 21
Online Final
24/ 19/ 28/ 24/22/ 23/ 19/ 21

So I started studying this May for about 2 months avg 5-6 hrs per day.
I can't think of any other things at this point. Let me know if you have further questions!
Thank you all for your help! and Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Great to see that improvement! You should be proud.

RC 17 May be a slight issue (like they may ask about it during an interview, if even that) but I don't see your scores holding you back form interview invites, considering your drastic improvement and well rounded app.

Looking forward to a breakdown...

Members don't see this ad :)
@Crew09, Thanks!
@rpatel8, yay we are done now! congrats!
@tayloreve, Thanks and yeah I applied last cycle(pretty late though...my DAT was taken late October 2010). ended up getting no interviews:( but hoping for better 2012 cycle:luck:!!!
@soosoolhastam, Thank you bro lol
@Golfguy, hey!!! I remember you from my kaplan vs topscore post! now we are all done! Enjoy your summer too!! Good luck:thumbup:

Great improvements!! I had similar improvements for my retake except my PAT isn't that high from start to finish lol!!

Great job!!