DAT Retake Done!!! Advice needed.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xaznxcountx

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Let me just say that SDN is a great place and I wanna thank everyone here for being so supportive.

Old Scores (2008)

PAT - 15
Bio - 19
GChem - 18
OChem - 19
RC - 18
QR - 16
TS - 19
AA - 18

New Scores Today

PAT - 18
Bio - 20
GChem - 18 :oops:
OChem - 22 :D
RC - 20
QR -19
TS - 20
AA- 20

I studied for about 2 months. The first month was about 6-7 hours a day. The last month was 8-10 hours a day. I'm content with my scores but wish I had done better.

Bio - random as everyone said. I had a good amount of plant questions (so don't skip out on that chapter!). Materials used: Cliff's AP Bio and Barron's AP Bio

GChem - I think I got a hard version on this exam because I saw stuff that was not covered in Destroyer or KBB... I did not feel confident in this section to be frank. Materials used: Destroyer and KBB

OChem - straight forward for the most part. Seriously had like 3 technique questions. Thankfully I read the chapter in KBB before. Materials used: Kaplan BB and Destroyer

PAT: I personally felt it was harder than CDP in some sections.

Keyholes - slightly harder
TFE - harder for sure
Angles- a bit easier than CDP
Pattern Folding - easier than CDP
Cube Counting - easier than CDP
Pattern Folding - a bit harder because it was different

During the break I was feeling a bit down because I knew GCHEM didn't go as well as I wanted to. However before the exam I told myself to keep pushing and never surrender, because you'll never know what the scores will come out to be. I learned this from my first time taking it. The first time I took it I got owned in Bio and gave up the rest of the test basically. This time I wasn't going down without a fight...

RC: I used SnD on my first passage then POW!!! I see the ethics passage. I was like OMG you gotta be kidding me... I skipped it, SnD the other passage and came back and slowly read it and answered the Q's.

QR: Did Math Destroyer 1-7 and went over it many times. Can't complain with this score.

CDP scores: 18,18,18,18,20,20,20,21,19

Topscore Bio/GCHEM/OCHEM/RC (didn't do PAT and QR)

#1 16/17/18/20
#2 17/18/19/20
#3 21/18/19/*

Should I be worried about PAT? I know its an improvement from my old scores but its still not that great... I have a low GPA (2.95/2.8 BCP) however I completed a Masters in Biomedical Science with a 3.89 GPA (and with a strong upward trend in my last 2 years of undergrad as well.)

My GPA was REALLY BAD at 2.5 at one point and I have shown improvement in the last 3 years. I submitted already and schools are just waiting on my DAT scores. What do you guys think of my situation? Thanks again SDN!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else? I'd love more input please :)

Those are good scores congrats! You've shown a big improvement which schools will for sure take note of.

I also have a similar GPA to yours (from an Ivy), upward trend as well. I have 2 Ds which killed my GPA. I'm hoping I can compensate with a good DAT.

Good luck to you! I'm sure you will get some interviews :luck::luck::luck:

Your Master's GPA sounds awesome! I think with Master's and your new DAT score, you should have a really good chance! Good luck!

Hi everyone. Let me just say that SDN is a great place and I wanna thank everyone here for being so supportive.

Old Scores (2008)

PAT - 15
Bio - 19
GChem - 18
OChem - 19
RC - 18
QR - 16
TS - 19
AA - 18

New Scores Today

PAT - 18
Bio - 20
GChem - 18 :oops:
OChem - 22 :D
RC - 20
QR -19
TS - 20
AA- 20

I studied for about 2 months. The first month was about 6-7 hours a day. The last month was 8-10 hours a day. I'm content with my scores but wish I had done better.

Bio - random as everyone said. I had a good amount of plant questions (so don't skip out on that chapter!). Materials used: Cliff's AP Bio and Barron's AP Bio

GChem - I think I got a hard version on this exam because I saw stuff that was not covered in Destroyer or KBB... I did not feel confident in this section to be frank. Materials used: Destroyer and KBB

OChem - straight forward for the most part. Seriously had like 3 technique questions. Thankfully I read the chapter in KBB before. Materials used: Kaplan BB and Destroyer

PAT: I personally felt it was harder than CDP in some sections.

Keyholes - slightly harder
TFE - harder for sure
Angles- a bit easier than CDP
Pattern Folding - easier than CDP
Cube Counting - easier than CDP
Pattern Folding - a bit harder because it was different

During the break I was feeling a bit down because I knew GCHEM didn't go as well as I wanted to. However before the exam I told myself to keep pushing and never surrender, because you'll never know what the scores will come out to be. I learned this from my first time taking it. The first time I took it I got owned in Bio and gave up the rest of the test basically. This time I wasn't going down without a fight...

RC: I used SnD on my first passage then POW!!! I see the ethics passage. I was like OMG you gotta be kidding me... I skipped it, SnD the other passage and came back and slowly read it and answered the Q's.

QR: Did Math Destroyer 1-7 and went over it many times. Can't complain with this score.

CDP scores: 18,18,18,18,20,20,20,21,19

Topscore Bio/GCHEM/OCHEM/RC (didn't do PAT and QR)

#1 16/17/18/20
#2 17/18/19/20
#3 21/18/19/*

Should I be worried about PAT? I know its an improvement from my old scores but its still not that great... I have a low GPA (2.95/2.8 BCP) however I completed a Masters in Biomedical Science with a 3.89 GPA (and with a strong upward trend in my last 2 years of undergrad as well.)

My GPA was REALLY BAD at 2.5 at one point and I have shown improvement in the last 3 years. I submitted already and schools are just waiting on my DAT scores. What do you guys think of my situation? I Thanks again SDN!

Good scores. You are solid. Where did you do your master's? How was the workload?

Destiny11: Did the one year Masters at Midwestern University. Courseload was pretty heavy to say the least.