DAT Retake How to Make a Study Plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Diethylzinc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum. I am planning on retaking the DAT because I need to boost up my scores (even though I have been waitlisted I don't feel confident about this cycle). I've also been having the worst anxiety because I am not sure what to do.

My weakest areas are my PAT and QR because I never feel like I have enough time to finish these sets of questions. My goal is to get 20s across the board.

However, I am a person who needs to have a structure planned out in order to study. If I have a list of objectives to fill out I can easily do it. What helped you format a schedule? Also is 12 weeks enough time to study for the exam?

I know there are a lot of old posts about this topic but they are old and the test has changed. And I'd like to meet people on this website since I'm new and all.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am planning on retaking the DAT because I need to boost up my scores (even though I have been waitlisted I don't feel confident about this cycle). I've also been having the worst anxiety because I am not sure what to do.

My weakest areas are my PAT and QR because I never feel like I have enough time to finish these sets of questions. My goal is to get 20s across the board.

However, I am a person who needs to have a structure planned out in order to study. If I have a list of objectives to fill out I can easily do it. What helped you format a schedule? Also is 12 weeks enough time to study for the exam?

I know there are a lot of old posts about this topic but they are old and the test has changed. And I'd like to meet people on this website since I'm new and all.
What were you scores in all the subjects and what is your SGpa? How did you prepare for the QR and PAT?

Nancy

The good news is now that you've taken the DAT once, you know what to expect and how to better prepare for next time. You're on the right track by trying to design a study schedule to start, that is the smartest thing you can do. Everyone studies a different amount of time for the DAT, but if I had any advice on that, I'd suggest to study for a longer period of time than shorter. Around 12 weeks is perfectly fine. Ultimately, you know yourself the best, you know how you study, and you know what you need to work on. It's just a matter of putting the work in. If you ever need any help feel free to reach out to me :)