DAT retake: same score = bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabDMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys
So i retook the DAT yesterday and I got the same AA as I did the first time. I went up one point on the PAT, RC, BIO and orgo sections but went down one point in GC and QR. So my AA stayed the same, but the scores overall I think look better...kinda weird, actually. Do you think this will hurt me or not really matter much? I already have one interview based on my old scores, most schools put my application on hold until after my re-take so I'm not really sure what will happen now!

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys
So i retook the DAT yesterday and I got the same AA as I did the first time. I went up one point on the PAT, RC, BIO and orgo sections but went down one point in GC and QR. So my AA stayed the same, but the scores overall I think look better...kinda weird, actually. Do you think this will hurt me or not really matter much? I already have one interview based on my old scores, most schools put my application on hold until after my re-take so I'm not really sure what will happen now!

Depends on which school. Some schools take the highest points from each section and some schools just look at your most recent score. So You would have better AA if the school takes your highest from each section. Of course you can get the best answer by calling the schools you applied to.