DAT Retake: Same test w/in same year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lexx0213

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the repost...but how many times can you take the DAT? At first I heard it was unlimited but now I hear that they changed the rules that you can only take the DAT up to 3 times max? Also, do you guys think they used the same questions for a whole year hoping that the 90 day wait will make us forget the details of the questions? Someone on SDN mentioned Ethics and Calcium on the RC section and I remember those two subjects when I took the exam in April of 2008...

Members don't see this ad.

It is unfair IMO.
I opened a thread on this earlier. Someone said it is possible to get the same test.

It is unfair IMO.
I opened a thread on this earlier. Someone said it is possible to get the same test.

I dont think you can get the same test. Someone did post he had the same test, but he later said he was joking.......

i think you can get the same test.

and also if you have taken DATs for the third time and you want to retake it again, i heard that you need a reject letter from school or something like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't you think the ADA is smart enough to track which test version you've taken already??? Therefore I'm very skeptical of anyone claiming they got the same test during retake.

you can take the DAt up to three times without any special permission, after the 3 you must get a letter from your predental committe for why you need to take it for the 4th time! And No, somebody cannot get the same test, b/c everytime you register to take the DAT, the ADA knows checks to see if youve taken it previously and theyre gonna see what test youve had, and youll get assigned for another test! ive also heard that recently theyve change the format of test and they can actually randomize the t3est and make diiferent variety of tests! one of my friends and a certain question in bio in the beginning the other one had it through the end of test, and they had a few questions in common, so i even think that now there are more than just a 4possible versions of the DAT test!

You won't get the same test and there is a low chance you will get the same questions.