DAT Retake...Update AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sheetal27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Frnds,

I know I have been asking these questions alot recently.. but I am just confused and really freaking out...

Las week I took my DAT and it did not go well... I have applied for the current cycle and am retaking the DAT in Jan... which is past the deadlines of quite a few schools I am applying to.. however, I am in the process of calling schools and informing that I am retaking my DAT... most of the schools are okay with me taking the exam after their application deadline as long as they get my applications before the deadline.. I have also updated my future DAT score date on AADSAS to Jan 2010... however, should I mention my last DAT date and scores or just change the future date...I am not sure if I just change the future date.. how would the schools know that I am retaking... i dont want the schools to get a feeling that I am prolonging my DAT and at the same time dont want them to get a negative impression by putting my current DAT score...

Thanks for your help..

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Frnds,

I know I have been asking these questions alot recently.. but I am just confused and really freaking out...

Las week I took my DAT and it did not go well... I have applied for the current cycle and am retaking the DAT in Jan... which is past the deadlines of quite a few schools I am applying to.. however, I am in the process of calling schools and informing that I am retaking my DAT... most of the schools are okay with me taking the exam after their application deadline as long as they get my applications before the deadline.. I have also updated my future DAT score date on AADSAS to Jan 2010... however, should I mention my last DAT date and scores or just change the future date...I am not sure if I just change the future date.. how would the schools know that I am retaking... i dont want the schools to get a feeling that I am prolonging my DAT and at the same time dont want them to get a negative impression by putting my current DAT score...

Thanks for your help..

From my experience which may not apply, I called the schools individually (that had a cut off) and told them to please place my app on hold until my retake on whatever date. The day you retake, fax over your unofficial scores and email the schools informing them of your new scores. So my advice is to call

as someone who just retook the DAT today and called the schools,
I'm afraid I have to you that we are in rather a bad shape.

Some schools will hold your application for you until you retake your DAT, some schools won't.

Western, for example, will look at the DAT score before Oct 15th (so they are not going to look at my better score.. sigh).

NYU, however, sent me a nice email with the fax number I can use to send my unofficial score sheet.

So yeah, the best bet is to call every school and see if they will hold your application for you and if they have any deadline for the DAT.

I already got a rejection letter from USC when I didn't have my final DAT score yet. Sigh.

Thanks for the response guys...

I really appreciate your help.. I have started calling schools individually... and as torgue mentioned.. as of now 2 schools denied to hold my application.. others were fine with holding my application till i submit the new DAT scores..

I will finish calling all the schools soon...