DAT retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkkings13

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have asked this question before, but I need more advice on this subject. This past summer I took the DAT, and my scores were as followed:

AA: 19
TS: 20
Bio:20
Ochem: 21
Gchem: 20
PAT: 20
QR: 19
Reading Comp: 17

I am applying next June (2014). My GPA is at a 3.31 (with an upward trend from a 2.2) Do you guys think I should retake my DAT? or go with my chances and try to see what schools I can get in? Do you guys also know people who have had similar stats that have gotten in?

Members don't see this ad.

I truly think you have a chance to get in when you apply this cycle. I would recommend applying to a wide range of schools, and as long as you have shadowing hours, community service hours, good letters of recommendation, you should be good to go. They'll see that your GPA has improved which is a plus, and to be honest, you may not do as well the second time you take it and it's not worth it for your scores to go down lower because they are pretty high! Just my advice, it's up to you! And I've seen many people get in with not over the top scores or GPAs, but you have a good GPA and good scores so I think you'll get in! :)
Good Luck!

Do you really think so? Where would you recommend me applying? I feel like crap with my scores compared to other people here!

Hey!

I applied with a 17 in Bio and PAT, but my AA was 20.

My GPA is ~3.25ish. My science is lower!

I think you have a shot. Maybe apply to schools like NYU and Tufts?