DAT retake

Started by Chubz0924
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chubz0924

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does re-taking your DAT look bad? My DAT is next week and I feel pretty solid in most areas,however incase of a retake, i was wondering how that would look on the application.
 
What area are you feeling weak in? How have you prepared to this point?
I'm feeling somewhat weak in bio. On the bootcamp tests I scored between an 18-24 on tests 1-5 and tests 6-10 i scored between a 15-18. I'm currently going over the destroyer questions again. They are a bit easier the second time around.

Also for Gen chem, I alway have a general idea on what to do for calculations, but sometimes i blank. I've scored 18/19 on the bootcamp exams. Trying to go over where i went wrong.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm feeling somewhat weak in bio. On the bootcamp tests I scored between an 18-24 on tests 1-5 and tests 6-10 i scored between a 15-18. I'm currently going over the destroyer questions again. They are a bit easier the second time around.

Also for Gen chem, I alway have a general idea on what to do for calculations, but sometimes i blank. I've scored 18/19 on the bootcamp exams. Trying to go over where i went wrong.
Message me and I will be happy to see what is going on. Bio gives many students a problem.

Nancy
 
At this point you are already too far in to just cancel (especially after all that studying), but if you feel that you are unprepared, then you shouldn't take it. It really takes being honest with yourself to determine this point because rescheduling will set your application back pretty much to the next cycle.

EDIT: I misread the initial post and changed my response to this.