DAT Retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stormingorman17

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just retook my DAT this morning, pretty happy with the results, I improved on everything:

PAT: 18 --> 20
QR: 16 --> 18
RC: 21 <--> 21
BIO: 16 --> 17
GC: 17 --> 21
OC: 16 --> 18
TS: 17 --> 19
AA: 17 --> 19

oGPA: 3.5 sGPA: 3.3

First time I took it, back in May, I went in relatively cold which was obviously a mistake. Bought the Bootcamp subscription again and actually utilized all the resources it had to offer. The Biology section was a little harder than I expected, did so well on the practice tests but the actual DAT just seemed to ask me everything I was shaky on. Would've loved an extra point or two on Bio to make it a 20AA, but I like my chances where I'm at. Good luck to everyone that still has to take it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Are you applying this cycle or next? Also, what are your ECs? And Shadowing?
Yes, I applied at the end of June and everything was complete July 12th.
EC's: Philanthropy Chair for my fraternity (~400 hours of community service), Academic Advisor for my fraternity, Teaching Assistant for an upper level Forensic Osteology class, Teaching Assistant for Cell Biology Lab, and a Research Assistant in a Psychology Lab for credits (now getting paid to do it).
Shadowing: 50 hours with general dentists (got to explore an Oral Oncology unit a bit too) and an Endodontist. Plus this summer I spent 6 weeks in Nepal doing an internship with a local dental hospital (~200 hours).

You definitely have a wide array of strong ECs, which I think will definitely help your application since your DAT and GPA are pretty average for matriculated dental students. However, with your strong ECs I think you have a very good chance if you applied wide. Best of luck on your interviews!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you get in!
Congratulations on completing this horrible test! I just can't wait to get done with it too.
Nice scores, you improved everything except for Rc which was very good score to begin with. and hopefully, you'll receive invitations for interviews.

By the way, your ECs are more than impressive! Best of luck!

Last edited:
You definitely have a wide array of strong ECs, which I think will definitely help your application since your DAT and GPA are pretty average for matriculated dental students. However, with your strong ECs I think you have a very good chance if you applied wide. Best of luck on your interviews!
Appreciate it man! I applied to 14 schools that were well within my stats, only 1-2 reach schools. Only 1 rejection thus far, I'm optimistic. Best of luck to you too!

Reactions: 1 users
I hope you get in!
Congratulations on completing this horrible test! I just can't wait to get done with it too.
Nice scores, you improved everything except for Rc which was very good score to begin with. and hopefully, you'll receive invitations for interviews.

By the way, your ECs are more than impressive! Best of luck!

Thanks, I've never been a fan of standardized tests like this but its something we gotta do. Good luck on your test whenever you take it, I'm sure you'll do great. Confidence is key!

Congratulations! Solid retake. I think you have a good shot. Best of luck to you! Rooting for you :)