DAT Retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pre-Med Student Z

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the DAT exam today for the first time and received this score: PAT14/QR10/RC17/BIO22/GC17/OC17 with a 17AA and 19TS
I only used DATBOOSTER to study. Should I apply this cycle with my score, would there be potential for interviews since applications are reviewed holistically?
If a retake is recommended how can I improve my QR score? I watched all DATBOOSTER QR videos and studied the QR tests, I also watched and took notes on the QR webinar video. Even though it is considered basic math, I struggle and am not sure how else I can improve.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the DAT exam today for the first time and received this score: PAT14/QR10/RC17/BIO22/GC17/OC17 with a 17AA and 19TS
I only used DATBOOSTER to study. Should I apply this cycle with my score, would there be potential for interviews since applications are reviewed holistically?
If a retake is recommended how can I improve my QR score? I watched all DATBOOSTER QR videos and studied the QR tests, I also watched and took notes on the QR webinar video. Even though it is considered basic math, I struggle and am not sure how else I can improve.

Thank you.
I would retake. The 14 and 10 are too low and a 17AA is on the low end for schools as well.

Reactions: 1 users
For me, the most important thing for QR was just doing practice problems over and over, especially on the question types that you really struggle on. You need to do them until you can look at a certain type of question and know what to do almost right away. It’s not just about taking notes and watching videos, but actually doing the problems, looking at the solutions, and doing the problems again. That’s what helped me the most. And if you have to, look up other videos on YouTube or something if the booster explanation doesn’t make sense. Many times there are multiple ways to approach a problem and some ways may work better than others for you.

Thank you.
I want to say Congratulations on completing the DAT and with a little more effort you can easily move those scores up. Unfortunately a retake is necessary but don't be hard on yourself, most students struggle with the QR section and have to retake. Now that you have taken the DAT you should be able to identify some weak areas in all sections of the DAT, so I would make the goal to raise your score in all areas to be the most competitive. The goal should be to build a better foundation knowing the concepts not just memorizing.

Here is a website that you might find helpful

Don't rush to retake the DAT, make sure you are fully prepared, be over prepared is always better than underprepared.

If I can help you in anyway you can always direct message me.

Wishing you the best..Nancy, co/owner, DAT Destroyer

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user