DAT running out of questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

that guy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
question for all those who have taken the DAT, have you noticed the obscure questions that have been on the DAT? I can take the practice DAT with 30s all across the board but when it comes to the real test i get questions like:

1: give the genus and species name for a vascular lycophyte (i know the characteristics, but names??) or 2: what is the atomic emission spectra where n>3 to n=3 (which i found out later was the Paschen series)

are they running out of questions or trying to make it harder to get into dental school?! -rhetorical question

what are some of your strange questions?

Members don't see this ad.

question for all those who have taken the DAT, have you noticed the obscure questions that have been on the DAT? I can take the practice DAT with 30s all across the board but when it comes to the real test i get questions like:

1: give the genus and species name for a vascular lycophyte (i know the characteristics, but names??) or 2: what is the atomic emission spectra where n>3 to n=3 (which i found out later was the Paschen series)

are they running out of questions or trying to make it harder to get into dental school?! -rhetorical question

what are some of your strange questions?

Although I don't know the chm question that you posted, I'll def say that the bio one is totally ******ed. I mean knowing what genus and species are and how to write them correctly should be of sole importance. There is no way I am going to remember a scientific name of a plant while I am diligently trying to extract that molar out.

95% of the bio questions i had were straight up. there were a few questions (three maybe) that were obscure (to me, only haven taken bio I, cell bio, biochem)...i think i nailed two of them thanks to cliffs

Status
Not open for further replies.