SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

DAT running out of questions?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by that guy, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that guy

that guy 2+ Year Member

Dec 3, 2007
    question for all those who have taken the DAT, have you noticed the obscure questions that have been on the DAT? I can take the practice DAT with 30s all across the board but when it comes to the real test i get questions like:

1: give the genus and species name for a vascular lycophyte (i know the characteristics, but names??) or 2: what is the atomic emission spectra where n>3 to n=3 (which i found out later was the Paschen series)

are they running out of questions or trying to make it harder to get into dental school?! -rhetorical question

what are some of your strange questions?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. smile101

smile101 2+ Year Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Although I don't know the chm question that you posted, I'll def say that the bio one is totally ******ed. I mean knowing what genus and species are and how to write them correctly should be of sole importance. There is no way I am going to remember a scientific name of a plant while I am diligently trying to extract that molar out.
  4. JMJRDH1

JMJRDH1 Floss User 7+ Year Member

Jul 17, 2004
    The open road

FYI posting actual DAT questions is not allowed on SDN.
  5. hoss19

hoss19 half iron, half man 5+ Year Member

Jan 1, 2007
    95% of the bio questions i had were straight up. there were a few questions (three maybe) that were obscure (to me, only haven taken bio I, cell bio, biochem)...i think i nailed two of them thanks to cliffs
  6. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dec 11, 2004
    BINGO! Closing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.