DAT Schedule (~2.5 month) with school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aznnytezx

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some opinions with my DAT schedule and taking 12 hours.

With the DAT schedule the following materials are utilize.

1. Barrons AP biology
2. Cliff's AP Biology
3. DAT & Math Destroyer
4. Crack DAT PAT and Reading
5. Top Score, Achiever, and ADA exams
6. DATQVault Biology
7. Chad's videos

Let me know if it is :thumbup: or :thumbdown:. Thanks ! Also feel free to use this schedule.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• DAT STUDY SCHEDULE.xls
    64 KB · Views: 205
Its seems ok if it works for you.

I would suggest doing CDP everyday till ur DAT starting now... The thing about PAT is the more practice you get the better you get at it (kinda like Math) and I dont mean doing an entire test everyday..Just pick angles or TFE for that day and practice over and over. Thats how i would do it.

Apart from that I would say make destroyer part of Your first month as well. the questions are pretty hard and you mite find yourself thinking "Damn Dint study anything"...Treat it like a textbook and go over the questions over and over again.

Just my two cents

In my opinion, the first month, start with chad videos o-chem, gen-chem, and free Chad's biology quizes, cliff notes, datqvault biology,gen chem, and o-chem. Don't do the practiced exams on datqvault until you are done with the questions on each section and chad's videos. Spend 1 hour every morning to read science articles from http://www.newscientist.com/ and http://www.scientificamerican.com/. Do CDR in the weekends like you had in the schedule.

2nd month. do datqvault exams for bio, gen chem, and o-chem. Also do Dat destroyer for biology, gen-chem, and o-chem. Watch Chad's qr and do Math detroyers exams. Do datqvault PAT exams

3 weeks before the exam do CDP exams and go over Cliffnotes summary that someone made on SDN made and Alan's notes. Search for them.

1.5 weeks before the exam do Topscores and 2009 ADA exam. Do Achiever exams if you have time.

1 day before the exam do 1 more Achiever exam to keep the adrenaline going. Good luck.

Is there a reason you decided to only use the biology for qvault and none of the other subjects?

Sent from my ADR910L using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Thanks ! I will stick with that schedule. I guess I am better off be exposure to practice as soon as possible.

In my opinion, the first month, start with chad videos o-chem, gen-chem, and free Chad's biology quizes, cliff notes, datqvault biology,gen chem, and o-chem. Don't do the practiced exams on datqvault until you are done with the questions on each section and chad's videos. Spend 1 hour every morning to read science articles from http://www.newscientist.com/ and http://www.scientificamerican.com/. Do CDR in the weekends like you had in the schedule.

2nd month. do datqvault exams for bio, gen chem, and o-chem. Also do Dat destroyer for biology, gen-chem, and o-chem. Watch Chad's qr and do Math detroyers exams. Do datqvault PAT exams

3 weeks before the exam do CDP exams and go over Cliffnotes summary that someone made on SDN made and Alan's notes. Search for them.

1.5 weeks before the exam do Topscores and 2009 ADA exam. Do Achiever exams if you have time.

1 day before the exam do 1 more Achiever exam to keep the adrenaline going. Good luck.

I chose Biology because Chad's questions are good enough for Ochem/Chem and Math destroyer is good for the QR. Also I heard that the chemistry section for DATQVAULT is just okay.
Is there a reason you decided to only use the biology for qvault and none of the other subjects?

Sent from my ADR910L using SDN Mobile

Sounds great! I will incorporate your ideas into my schedule!

Its seems ok if it works for you.

I would suggest doing CDP everyday till ur DAT starting now... The thing about PAT is the more practice you get the better you get at it (kinda like Math) and I dont mean doing an entire test everyday..Just pick angles or TFE for that day and practice over and over. Thats how i would do it.

Apart from that I would say make destroyer part of Your first month as well. the questions are pretty hard and you mite find yourself thinking "Damn Dint study anything"...Treat it like a textbook and go over the questions over and over again.

Just my two cents

I might actually incorporate gen chem/ochem just because the package is already included.

People have different opinion. My suggestion don't do PAT until 1 month before your exam. The reason for this is so you want stay sharp with TFE, pattern folding, and key hole sections. It only takes 2 weeks to get use to PAT and another 2 weeks to master it. I thought DATqvault chemistry and o chem questions are similar to DAT. Work on those random questions on Datqvault can save you.

Should I do datQVAULT chemistry/organic chemistry everyday for first month, after finishing one huge section from Chad's?

Yup. I would recommend that. Chad's quizzes and Datqvault questions will reinforce what you learned. Remember to save the questions that you don't know or the ones that you miss on Datqvault. Go back to these questions when you do the review.

I chose Biology because Chad's questions are good enough for Ochem/Chem and Math destroyer is good for the QR. Also I heard that the chemistry section for DATQVAULT is just okay.

I've heard differently. Few breakdowns I kept from people showed they usually scored the same or scored a few points higher on the real exam.

You are ok in terms of the materials. Just make sure you can understand all the questions in Destroyer and Achiever. If you can get most of them correct, you will be fine.

Do you think one chapter a day for Chad is realistic? for me I watched half of a chapter and did the quizzes.
I also spent one day going back and reviewing everything

How many units are you taking?

I think this schedule is manageable ONLY if your time management skills are superb and you have great self-restraint. I mean, you absolutely cannot go out and party on the weekends with a schedule as tight as this. You may find you need more time. Do you have the summer off of school? Perhaps consider studying full-time with no distractions then.

I'm doing a similar schedule to you. I work 27 hours a week and found that I dont have enough time to fully absorb all the information and dont' feel confident enough for the DAT (also taking in April). So i'm quitting to study full time. It's the DAT. It's important. Ideally you should only take it once!

is reading articles from here really that helpful for prepping for the RC section?