doctor.doctor

2+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey everyone! I was wondering how long the scheduled break is for after the PAT section on the DAT? On the official ADA Guide it says 15 mins, however it also says 30 mins on another page of the guide. I just wanted to double check with any recent test takers so I don't have any surprises come test day.

Thank you!

dr pheels

2+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2016
My break was 30 minutes! It will begin as soon as you finish your PAT section/PAT timer runs out.

Reactions: doctor.doctor

artist2022

yes, I'm a girl
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
Yup I think it has now been changed to 30 minutes. Be sure to use it! Eat some food, look at some notes, and go outside!! It helps sooo much.

About the Ads

Pearl E. White

D1 at LECOM
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Status
Dental Student
Recent examinee here. Mine was 30 minutes, was able to go outside, see my husband, and use my phone. I was however told not to discuss any specific details of the exam. Good luck!

MediocreTrombonist

2+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2015
Can confirm the break is 30 minutes, since I took mine this past Thursday. I was allowed to eat and drink, use the bathroom, etc. My advice is to make sure to note the time when you start your break because the timer begins immediately when you finish the PAT, and you won't be able to see your timer.

About the Ads