1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

DAT Scheduling

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Shjfr, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Shjfr

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    So I was recently told that I should probably retake the DAT for further consideration into a school.

They said that I should take it by mid-February. Unfortunately there are black out dates starting the 7th to the 28th... so I need to take it by the 6th.

Anyways, what I am wondering is if it is possible to see what dates are open before registering for the DAT. I tried doing it but it was asking for my confirmation number first (haven't signed up for this part yet).

I really don't want to pay the non-refundable $205 and then later find out that there are no available dates around the 6th...

If I called the testing center would they be able to give me this information?

And just to refresh my memory... how long after you register for the DAT can you pick a date?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. yankees27th

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    After you register it takes about a week I think to get the confirmation number. I think it says they do all their processing on a certain day of the week (Thursday if I recall correctly).

4. drm85

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Tuesdays.

5. Panther85

2+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    1) sorry ur outta luck there... u gotta pay the 205.... the only loophole is to call the testing center. i guarantee you can get a testing time in the next month, but i would assume the 6th is a highly sought date.

2) u will be able to register right after u get the confirmation email on the tuesday after you submit your application.

6. Shjfr

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

Very helpful, thanks