1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

dat score and application

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by darius99, Nov 22, 2005.

1. darius99

darius99 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i am applying now for fall 06 admission, (and yes i know its late in the cycle but i am applying for this cycle no matter what). i have been waiting to hear from the ada to see when i could register to take the dat. i finally got my letter from the ada and when i tried to schedule to take the dat, the lady told me that they are all booked in my state until dec. 22 :eek:
    i then tried to take it in boston and they have one spot which is this monday and i dont think that would be a good idea. if i take the test dec 22, my scores wont be at my schools until the middle/end of january which is past the jan 15 deadline of some schools and obviously very late in the cycle even for the schools with march deadlines. if i have submitted the rest of my app to aadsas before that date, will i still be considered at those schools even though they dont have the dat scores yet??

2. duh?

duh? Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    call the schools. :D

3. food4thots

food4thots Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    most schools won't consider ur application w/o DAT scores.. but u may talk to them and let them know about ur situation, that might help.

4. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    you might want to submit your application now. i would worry more about the AADSAS getting your application out on time. your dat scores would probably get to the schools before your application would even if you submitted the application today and took your DAT dec 22.

5. Lostinbul

Lostinbul Pray'n for a letter!
    5+ Year Member

If you really like pain I would suggest applying this year! If you want a truthful opinion, you will wait to apply until next year because you won't get in this year. There are many people with 20+ DAT scores and 3.5+ GPA's that have been waiting since August to hear back from schools! Unless you think that you're going to ace the DAT and I seriously mean ace it, and that your GPA makes all those 3.5+ GPAs look silly, and unless you have some type of "in" at some school, then trust me that if you apply this late in the game, you might be waitlisted, but you will be applying again next year. This might be a bleak post, but I am really just trying to save you a bunch of $!

6. syn_apse

syn_apse Registered Loser
    5+ Year Member

magic 8 ball says "ask again later" :confused:

7. syn_apse

syn_apse Registered Loser
    5+ Year Member

now it says "outlook not so good" :(

8. SunnyDay

SunnyDay Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I hate to say it, but you need to wait till next year unless you like wasting a lot of money or like said above you have a near 4.0, and kill the DAT (which requires months of studying). There are many very qualified people that have applied already but are not getting interviews because they were too late (but way ahead of you).