DAT Score Breakdown: 22AA, 19 TS, 22PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UnknownDemente

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so I just took my DAT and was wondering if I should take it again or not.
My scores:
Biology- 16
Organic Chemistry - 22
General Chemistry - 22
Total Science- 19
Quantitative Reasoning - 30
Reading Comprehension - 21
PAT - 22
My current GPA is around 3.25. So I am wondering if I should retake the DAT, I didn't do so great on Biology and thought I could possibly do better on the science sections as well. Do you guys think this score will be good enough for me to get into Dental School if I apply next year?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

My scores:
Biology- 16
Organic Chemistry - 22
General Chemistry - 22
Total Science- 19
PAT - 22
My current GPA is around 3.25. So I am wondering if I should retake the DAT, I didn't do so great on Biology and thought I could possibly do better on the science sections as well. Do you guys think this score will be good enough for me to get into Dental School if I apply next year?
Thanks
You probably want to think about how that bio score will look if you are a bio major, 16 is low, and some schools have 17 minimums and will auto-screen your app out. Double-check with individual programs and reach out to see how they would view your application. But otherwise, your other scores look great!

My scores:
Biology- 16
Organic Chemistry - 22
General Chemistry - 22
Total Science- 19
PAT - 22
Thanks
Congratulations on facing the DAT Beast, your scores overall are good, but that 16 in Biology really stands out. It's rare to see a 30 in the QR section and that also stands out. It would be best to contact the schools you plan on applying to and ask their opinion. Your GPA is also on the lower side so that could also play a part in the overall picture. You are more than your DAT Scores, so be proud of what you have accomplished. If you are applying next year and want to be more competitive you can always consider retaking the DAT.

Wishing you the best.
Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers