DAT score competitiveness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScienceGuy93

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Microbiological masters student who will be defending their thesis in November. I recently wrote the Canadian DAT exam, and I am hoping to receive some feed back on the competitiveness of my DAT scores.

DAT marks:
RC-19
BIO -23
CHEM- 17
Science Average- 20
Perception -19
AA- 20

Academic GPA:
In my masters degree I currently have a 4.0 GPA, while my undergraduate degree I have a 3.0 GPA.

Your time is greatly appreciated for reviewing my grades and my Academic GPA!

Members don't see this ad.

Realistically I dont think canadian schools will take you unless you publish in like nature. My undergrad was like 3.8 and recent dat is 21 AA and I doubt I gave that much of a chance either even with my 4.0 Masters gpa maybe a 50-50 at best so I'd say you're lower than 10% unless you publish very well. American schools might accept you though but they will look at your score as an out of state student and they expect very high grades at maybe 3.8+ and 20+. This is just my understanding cuz im facing the same decisions as you. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Depending on your province of residence and where you apply in Canada, your DAT scores and undergraduate degree might hold you back.

I haven't applied to the states, but I heard they look at things a bit more holistically so your masters GPA and thesis will probably help you :)

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Realistically I dont think canadian schools will take you unless you publish in like nature. My undergrad was like 3.8 and recent dat is 21 AA and I doubt I gave that much of a chance either even with my 4.0 Masters gpa maybe a 50-50 at best so I'd say you're lower than 10% unless you publish very well. American schools might accept you though but they will look at your score as an out of state student and they expect very high grades at maybe 3.8+ and 20+. This is just my understanding cuz im facing the same decisions as you. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

You might have a strong chance at UofT with your masters

I am a Microbiological masters student who will be defending their thesis in November. I recently wrote the Canadian DAT exam, and I am hoping to receive some feed back on the competitiveness of my DAT scores.

DAT marks:
RC-19
BIO -23
CHEM- 17
Science Average- 20
Perception -19
AA- 20

Academic GPA:
In my masters degree I currently have a 4.0 GPA, while my undergraduate degree I have a 3.0 GPA.

Your time is greatly appreciated for reviewing my grades and my Academic GPA!

I think your DAT score is a little low based on your GPAs. You might want to retake to be more competitive. Shoot for a 22AA+