DAT score concerns

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prima Donna

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I took my DAT about a month ago and scored about average for acceptance from what I have read online.

AA: 20
TS: 20
Bio: 19
Chem: 24
Ochem: 19 (really disappointed in this)
RC: 19
QR: 19
PAT: 23

I am happy that I did not have any real low sections but I feel like it looks bad when I scored a 19 in literally everything except chem and PAT (which I didn't think was heavily weighted). I just finished my sophomore year, so I am not even applying until next cycle, so my GPA could fluctuate slightly. I really do not want to retake (and don't think I will) just because of how much money and time the test cost me this time. Anyway, my GPA is oGPA is 3.9 and science GPA is approx. 3.85 (not bragging, just giving some context to compare to my score). I definitely felt like I could have done better in some sections but just got nervous/did not know it etc. Anyways let me know what you think; I think I am partially discouraged after seeing so many people posting things about 23 AA and 24 TS type things, and I know that is a small percentage, but it still gets to me a little.

Thanks for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
PAT is important. Your AA/TS is around the average matriculant's scores. Your GPA is great. You won't have any problems when you apply.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you will be just fine. Your DAT isn't bad by any means and your GPA is strong enough that it should carry you to many interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

So I took my DAT about a month ago and scored about average for acceptance from what I have read online.

AA: 20
TS: 20
Bio: 19
Chem: 24
Ochem: 19 (really disappointed in this)
RC: 19
QR: 19
PAT: 23

I am happy that I did not have any real low sections but I feel like it looks bad when I scored a 19 in literally everything except chem and PAT (which I didn't think was heavily weighted). I just finished my sophomore year, so I am not even applying until next cycle, so my GPA could fluctuate slightly. I really do not want to retake (and don't think I will) just because of how much money and time the test cost me this time. Anyway, my GPA is oGPA is 3.9 and science GPA is approx. 3.85 (not bragging, just giving some context to compare to my score). I definitely felt like I could have done better in some sections but just got nervous/did not know it etc. Anyways let me know what you think; I think I am partially discouraged after seeing so many people posting things about 23 AA and 24 TS type things, and I know that is a small percentage, but it still gets to me a little.

Thanks for any input.
Your scores are excellent, no low scores, hooray! Schools like consistent scores and it is apparent you are a very hard working student because of your high GPA. What is your top school choice?

Nancy

Reactions: 1 users
Your scores are excellent, no low scores, hooray! Schools like consistent scores and it is apparent you are a very hard working student because of your high GPA. What is your top school choice?

Nancy

Thank you Nancy ! Wouldn't have been able to do it without the destroyer. My top school choice would definitely be PITT.

congratulations! what were your bc scores like?

Thank you.

My BC scores were

(Test) Bio/Chem/Ochem/PAT/RC/QR
1) 19/21/22/21/18/20
2) 21/22/19/21/17/19
3) 18/20/21/21/20/19
4) 19/21/20/21/22/19

(didn't take 5, decided to just study more instead)

2009 test 21/20/20/22/18/17

AA for all my sample tests was right around 20, so they were a pretty good indicator of what I expected to score. Hope this helps.