DAT score limit????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xenomblack

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey
I was wondering what's the lowest DAT score for most schools ?
I heard the minimum for every section is 16 except for reading which is 18..

is it true?

Members don't see this ad.

xenomblack said:
hey

is it true?

I don't know what the minimum is for each school. I would imagine it would depend on what school you're talking about. But I know that you can still get interviewed and accepted to some of the reputable schools even if you have reading score lower than 18.

xenomblack said:
hey

is it true?

I was accepted to two schools (7 interviews) last year with the following....

AA 18
TS 18
PAT 19
Bio 20
Chem 19
OChem 17
Reading 17
Math 15

I think my Bio score offset some of the lower scores. Some of the interviewers even said the Bio score is the most important.

Once you meet the minimum DAT scores (whatever that might be), there are a lot of other factors that go into the decision. GPA is a big one. Quality of education, dental experience, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
so what was your GPA billermo? I had almost similar score as you did, really! and with 15 schools, not even 1 interview!!! I was really upset. But when did you finish your application? Which school did you got into? I had research exp. too and that didn't help with anything. :( :( :(

billermo said:
I was accepted to two schools (7 interviews) last year with the following....

AA 18
TS 18
PAT 19
Bio 20
Chem 19
OChem 17
Reading 17
Math 15

I think my Bio score offset some of the lower scores. Some of the interviewers even said the Bio score is the most important.

Once you meet the minimum DAT scores (whatever that might be), there are a lot of other factors that go into the decision. GPA is a big one. Quality of education, dental experience, etc.

xenomblack said:
hey

is it true?

I've heard 16 is a good rule of thumb for most schools, but once again, every school has their own standard. Some schools have their DAT minimums posted on their website: UOP is 16 on every section, Tufts is 16/16/15...I've heard Indiana's is 16 on all sections (except reading--18). I find it hard to believe however, that if you've got a section that doesn't meet the minimum and you've got terrific other scores (21+) that they won't make exceptions. I could be wrong, however. I ended up getting a 15 on math, but I've got 2 interviews lined up already.

I would say 16 is the least minimum you need to have your app packet looked at by most of the schools.

If you would like an invite to any interviews, I would say 18 and above ought to do it...

Good luck

Lucass said:
I've heard 16 is a good rule of thumb for most schools, but once again, every school has their own standard. Some schools have their DAT minimums posted on their website: UOP is 16 on every section, Tufts is 16/16/15...I've heard Indiana's is 16 on all sections (except reading--18). I find it hard to believe however, that if you've got a section that doesn't meet the minimum and you've got terrific other scores (21+) that they won't make exceptions. I could be wrong, however. I ended up getting a 15 on math, but I've got 2 interviews lined up already.

it's good to hear someone who got below the standard I thought and STILL got interviews lined up....

I guess 18 minimum on reading is understandable considering how students generally score better on that section than others...

I'm an international student, and I can't do well on that particular section as well as I do on the others..

My test is coming up soon, so i'm having my fingers crossed and studying hard.
hoping for the best result heh