Dat Score Need Serious Feedback!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arpitpatel86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 3.78 overal gpa and 3.7 sci gpa over 400 hours of job shadowing/volunteering hours and great letter of recommendations. im also an asian that gets pell grant(meaning im broke lol) dont know if that'll help or not i just took the dats and i probably will retake it but do y'all think i even have a chance with tehse scores if i apply early?

AA 16
TS 17
Bio-14
Org- 19
chem-18
PAT- 16
RC- 16
QR- 15

Members don't see this ad.

I have 3.78 overal gpa and 3.7 sci gpa over 400 hours of job shadowing/volunteering hours and great letter of recommendations. im also an asian that gets pell grant(meaning im broke lol) dont know if that'll help or not i just took the dats and i probably will retake it but do y'all think i even have a chance with tehse scores if i apply early?

AA 16
TS 17
Bio-14
Org- 19
chem-18
PAT- 16
RC- 16
QR- 15

arpit bhai...su che???
whats ur major man? how come u have 3.78 and got these scores?
retake to lena hi padega!!!

sry bud, with a gpa like that a retake is a must. comeon, you can do much better :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
With a 3.78, retake. I am sure you can pull off a 20 or even 23+....

AA 16
TS 17
Bio-14
Org- 19
chem-18
PAT- 16
RC- 16
QR- 15

Hello, correct me if I am wrong guys, but having such a high GPA and then those DAT scores would that not set off a red flag with adcoms? I think so because those grades do not seem to be from the same person. Usually people with high GPA's usually do better on DAT than your scores. Good shot but I would say retake man, though with your other credentials you may well gain acceptance somewhere ok.

Hello, correct me if I am wrong guys, but having such a high GPA and then those DAT scores would that not set off a red flag with adcoms? I think so because those grades do not seem to be from the same person. Usually people with high GPA's usually do better on DAT than your scores. Good shot but I would say retake man, though with your other credentials you may well gain acceptance somewhere ok.

He's got a very good point, I'd retake and show them what you can really do.

well these scores are from end of my soph year... i've been studying stong on biology with shauum's outline for bio...and hoping to improve on that im also a WICHE student from NORTH DAKOTA im exactly sure if that helps or not

My recommendation would be to study schaum's outline and kaplan blue for two or three times, particularly the sentences or sections you highlighted during your first study (if you ever did that).