Jun 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey everyone,

So I took the DAT July 27 and I was wondering how long it takes to be uploaded on my AADSAS application. I hear 2 weeks from some and 3-4 weeks from others. Can someone who was in a similar predicament help me out?

Further, my application was done and verified by end of June. All the schools are just waiting for my DAT score. Am I considered late now and are my chances diminished because of me taking my DAT so late?

willwash

5+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
OP, I also took the DAT on the 27th of July, and still nothing, AADSAS is sure taking their sweetass time. Very few of the schools I'm applying to accept unofficial score reports either, so it's an excruciating waste of time waiting.

Reactions: DentCornell
Feb 19, 2014
Minnesota
Status
Dental Student
You guys need to chill. AADSAS says 3-4 weeks I wouldn't expect it before then. Last year it took 3 weeks for mine and they weren't nearly as backed up as they have been this year.

Last edited:
OP
DentCornell
Jun 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
OP, I also took the DAT on the 27th of July, and still nothing, AADSAS is sure taking their sweetass time. Very few of the schools I'm applying to accept unofficial score reports either, so it's an excruciating waste of time waiting.
Do you know which schools accept unofficial scores?

willwash

5+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Sounds like you shouldn't have waited until 2 months into the application cycle to take your DAT.
Yeah ideally...problem is I was taking summer organic chemistry...didn't make much sense to take the DAT before having at least most of that class under my belt.

willwash

5+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Do you know which schools accept unofficial scores?
Of the ones I'm applying to only UF, to my knowledge. Can't speak to others. Some schools say, yeah, go ahead and send us your unofficial report but we can't do anything with it.

OP
DentCornell
Jun 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Of the ones I'm applying to only UF, to my knowledge. Can't speak to others. Some schools say, yeah, go ahead and send us your unofficial report but we can't do anything with it.
I'm applying to UF also! Didn't know they accepted it. Thank you so much!

OP
DentCornell
Jun 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Could you let me know when your scores are uploaded? I'm here checking every second like a maniac! lol.

Feb 28, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
I took mine on July 22nd and I called ADA and the lady says it takes 3 weeks so it should be up this Thursday or Friday.

Jul 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
So on my AADSAS portal the score is not there, but when I check my DAT account, and the account summary, on the ADA website it says I tested and have a score but that score is not showing. Are you guys having a similar issue?

OP
DentCornell
Jun 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
So on my AADSAS portal the score is not there, but when I check my DAT account, and the account summary, on the ADA website it says I tested and have a score but that score is not showing. Are you guys having a similar issue?
It says the same for me so you are not alone! I just wish it would be posted already! Every day that passes without my results is decreasing my chances of getting in. I don't understand why is it that the scores can't be posted within a week of taking it. We already know what we got.. sigh*

hellofuturedentists

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2015
Status
Dental Student
It says the same for me so you are not alone! I just wish it would be posted already! Every day that passes without my results is decreasing my chances of getting in. I don't understand why is it that the scores can't be posted within a week of taking it. We already know what we got.. sigh*
If you checked off all your schools when you were applying to take the DAT, they should have your scores.

usmanc

5+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2014
Status
Dental Student
if you go to Dental School designations and click on the PDF view of your application from that screen your DAT scores should be there

hellofuturedentists

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2015
Status
Dental Student
How do you know? Because on the ADA site it says posted?
Not through AADSAS, but if they're up on your DAT account, schools should have access if you checked them off. Not 1000% sure, but pretty sure. They'll go up on AADSAS soon. I took my DAT late June and it uploaded in 2.5 weeks

Jul 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
How do you know? Because on the ADA site it says posted?
When I click display under applications on the ADA website, it gives me a processing day and time for all the schools I wanted my scores sent to, which was yesterday. I am sure our scores will be published on AADSAS either today or tomorrow.

OP
DentCornell
Jun 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
When I click display under applications on the ADA website, it gives me a processing day and time for all the schools I wanted my scores sent to, which was yesterday. I am sure our scores will be published on AADSAS either today or tomorrow.
Yeah, mine says it was processed yesterday afternoon. Does that mean the schools have it?

Jul 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Yeah, mine says it was processed yesterday afternoon. Does that mean the schools have it?
I hope so, but I called AADSAS today and the representative told me it would take 7-10 days for it to show up on our AADSAS portal?? I think he was exaggerating the time because that would be around 4 weeks if it takes the full 10 days

OP
DentCornell
Jun 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I hope so, but I called AADSAS today and the representative told me it would take 7-10 days for it to show up on our AADSAS portal?? I think he was exaggerating the time because that would be around 4 weeks if it takes the full 10 days
That's a mighty long time. I was looking at last years thread (for how long it took) and it was mostly 2 weeks... 3 weeks tops. I really hope it is an exaggeration. This wait is really painful.

Reactions: DentalDude34234
May 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Not 1000% sure, but pretty sure
That would be REALLY sure ;)

On a more serious note, I took my DAT on the 27th too, and yesterday it showed up on the ADA website as processed. I scanned their website quickly and from what I can see, that means that ADA sent an electronic copy of the official score report to the designated schools. Once AADSAS processes it, then the schools get the pretty version integrated in your application.

OP
DentCornell
Jun 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Mine were uploaded the same day, then within hours I had three supplemental application invitations in my inbox!
Really? I got all of mine when I submitted my application in June/July... Weird.