DAT score retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

David C

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK. so I have no idea what a decent/good score is. I thought average accepted students last year was around 19-20AA. My GPA is 3.47o and 3.3s so I'm doing a master's postbac at Georgetown to boost it up. Anyways.. seeing all these crazy scores here, I feel like if it would be necessary for me to retake my exam...

I took DAT yesterday and here is the score I got:
PA: 22
QR:21
RC: 21
BIO: 20
GC: 22
OC: 22
TS:21
AA:21

I thought my scores were pretty solid but maybe I'm wrong...? Should I retake to get at least 23 or so..?
I really wish that I don't have to..?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Absolutely retake 100%. You need a 30 on every section, or no school will even give you an interview.

I'm just kidding, I got similar scores than you on mine and was super happy. There is absolutely no need for you to retake it. People on here are all super smart, but these scores are well above average. Be happy with these scores, so many people would kill to get these.

They are pretty solid and consistent scores across all sections, so I don't believe a retake is necessary. I assumed that the average is 19-20 AA as well, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. Don't be discouraged by SDN scores! Always keep in mind that SDN members only represent a small fraction of the total number of applicants who take the DAT and/or apply to dental schools :)